New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2008 :  11:53:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tredegar Hosts Charity Viaduct Challenge.
Source - WalesOnline

THIS is your chance to abseil more than 80ft from one of Tredegar’s oldest and most famous landmarks – the Nine Arches Viaduct.

The Hospice of the Valleys has arranged the abseil for October 26 – and anyone over the age of 12 is invited to take up the challenge.
The event will be run by fully licensed and qualified outdoor instructors from Tredegar’s Bryn Bach Park.
The entry fee is £10 and the Hospice is asking everyone who enters to raise at least £40 in sponsorship as well.
The hospice provides free high-quality care for cancer sufferers in Blaenau Gwent, as well as support for their families, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year – from the time of diagnosis through to cure or terminal care.
Hospice fundraiser Helen Morgan said: “This is a completely new event for the hospice and we hope there will be a lot of interest from local people in rising to the challenge of abseiling from such a historic landmark in Tredegar.”
For an entry form, just pop into any of the hospice’s charity shops in Tredegar, Ebbw Vale, Brynmawr and Abertillery, or to Bryn Bach Park in Tredegar.
For more information, call Helen on 01495 712936.

Samstan

828 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  07:39:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excuse my ignorance but is this the Viaduct up near the Mountain Air pub?
Go to Top of Page

Woolfy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  08:01:55 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samstan

Excuse my ignorance but is this the Viaduct up near the Mountain Air pub?

Yep, it sure is! What a great idea! I wouldn't do it for a gold cow, but i'm working on the Mrs to have a go!!!
Go to Top of Page

Samstan

828 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  08:33:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool! I can see it from my kitchen window then :D If its not raining I may go and take some photos.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13890 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  08:53:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Video of the nine arches..

And the on-line gallery of the Arches, please click here

and o yes, that is high !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.