Page: of 2

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  17:48:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just heard there has been a bad accident under the bus station ramps

rldavies

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  19:11:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there are police cars all over the place apparently (it has yet to be confirmed) a young lad has died
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13893 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  19:35:32 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Location of accident (photo from galley at www.tredegar.co.uk/gallery), tunnel to the right.

Road block from tonight can be seen below from other side of the tunnel.

Lets hope everything is OK.....
Go to Top of Page

Woolfy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  19:39:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks bad, i counted 8 police cars when i went through town. The underpass was closed, as well as the main car park and the main shopping centre (blockbuster etc).
Go to Top of Page

helsbeth43

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  20:36:32 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see helsbeth43's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
anybody got any news is it confirmed about the young lad dieing
Go to Top of Page

rldavies

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  20:55:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep it seems as it is a youngster from rhymney i do know his name but obviously I won't disclose it until fully confirmed both my nieces know him well. my thoughts are with his family tonight
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  08:32:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Driver Killed After Car Overturns In Tredegar
Source - WalesOnline

A 20-year-old driver was killed after his car overturned on a town centre street.

The driver of the red Renault Megane Scenic crashed on Commercial Street, Tredegar at around 4.50pm yesterday.
Gwent Police say the local man drove under the underpass, on the wrong side of the road, before hitting the central reservation, which flipped the car onto its roof.
He was pronounced dead on arrival at hospital.
Officers say nobody else was in the car and no other vehicles were involved in the crash,
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to call Gwent Police on 01633 838111.
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  09:35:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will the POLICE listen NOW???? I yet AGAIN ask. I very much dout it.

Tredegar had off road bikes and road racers going around all weekend as per norm.
Go to Top of Page

Panda

United Kingdom
873 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  13:22:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth

Will the POLICE listen NOW???? I yet AGAIN ask. I very much dout it.

Tredegar had off road bikes and road racers going around all weekend as per norm.

What has this incident got to do with any of that though?
Do you just automatically assume he was a 'road racer' or something? For all you know it could have been a number of reasons why he crashed, and there are a number of people who said he was on the right side, but oh well...
Even if the police 'listen' what are they to do to prevent it from happening again?
Go to Top of Page

luggage207

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  14:42:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone has said he a epeleptic fit while driving no one knows the reasons Kenneth, lets just wait for the truth and stop presuming.
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  15:00:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK fine by me How many get killed BUT if anything happends to me or mine Maybe you should be worried about what is going on around our roads IT MAY BE YOUOR YOUR's that gets hit by one of these vehicles then it will be a different story.
Go to Top of Page

Woolfy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  15:17:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

OK fine by me How many get killed BUT if anything happends to me or mine Maybe you should be worried about what is going on around our roads IT MAY BE YOUOR YOUR's that gets hit by one of these vehicles then it will be a different story.

It's unfair to see the age of the lad and assume he was driving recklessly. If the age of the driver was 35+, I doubt you would have commented in such a way. This is the wrong time and thread to complain.

My thoughts are with the lads family and friends.

Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  15:44:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Driver killed after car overturns in Tredegar
Nov 17 2008 WalesOnline

A 20-year-old driver was killed after his car overturned on a town centre street.

The driver of the red Renault Megane Scenic crashed on Commercial Street, Tredegar at around 4.50pm yesterday.

Gwent Police say the local man drove under the underpass, on the wrong side of the road, before hitting the central reservation, which flipped the car onto its roof.

He was pronounced dead on arrival at hospital.

Officers say nobody else was in the car and no other vehicles were involved in the crash,

Anyone with information about the crash is asked to call Gwent Police on 01633 838111.

Go to Top of Page

Cae

2406 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  17:18:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure why the news article has been repeated on this thread? As Woolfy said- my thoughts are also with the lad's family and friends.
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  17:24:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
POLICE APPEAL FOR INFORMATION AFTER FATAL ROAD TRAFFIC COLLISION, TREDEGAR
Source - Gwent Police

Gwent police are investigating a single vehicle fatal road traffic collision in which a 20 year old male died. The collision occurred in the centre of Tredegar on Commercial street at approximately 4.50pm yesterday (Sunday November 16th, 2008). A Renault Megane Scenic drove under the underpass on the wrong side of the road and collided with the central reservation. The road was closed for approximately 6 hours following the collision.

Police are appealing for witness who may have seen the incident or the Scenic before the collision took place. Witnesses are asked to contact Gwent Police collision investigation unit on 01633 643 091.
Go to Top of Page

morris1975

United Kingdom
1286 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  21:34:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vey sad news. I'm just glad that there wasn't any vehicles coming the other way as there would have been utter carnage.

Kenneth is correct to express his views guys. Tredegar has been used as a racing circuit for along time now and it was inevitable that a tragic accident would occur.

Go to Top of Page

Cae

2406 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  22:06:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No- people shouldn't automatically jump in with comments about the police etc just because of the lad's age. A neighbour of the lad has said tonight it WAS medically related and I'm not repeating the rest of the conversation as it's entirely inappropriate to do so. Besides-even if the assumptions had been correct then for goodness sake think of those left behind. A recent thread on a fatal accident was pulled after relatives were distressed and asked for it to be removed so have some consideration for the lad's family. Haven't they got enough to deal with?

Edited by - Cae on 17/11/2008 22:31:17
Go to Top of Page

sean

1117 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2008 :  00:02:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i don't think threads should be removed because someone is upset, whatever the reason for that upset. i don't think the bbc and other media will be erasing their archives.

regards

sean
Go to Top of Page

Cae

2406 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2008 :  08:33:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well take that up with The Boss because he went along with that request when it happened and I feel it was the right thing to do. To cause even more grief to a family when it isn't at all necessary is wrong - whatever happened to showing respect for the deceased and their loved ones?
There was a time when an accident report would be posted and people would leave messages of sympathy- keeping any private thoughts to themselves.
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2008 :  13:26:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Medically related? IF it was down to (a comment)epeleptic problems then maybe he should NOT have been driving at all. And in that case It is more than lucky that NO other person was involved.

Ther has been far to much carnage on out local roads just latley and something has to be done to make the roads safer for ALL of us.

Think of me what you like it is unimportant (you dont pay my bills) but IM sure that if one of yours gets killed by poor driving you will be the first to want something done about it.
Go to Top of Page

Woolfy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2008 :  13:53:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, one thing I would want done would be to stop morons posting insensitive, disrespectful and blatantly rude messages on an open forum!

You keep saying if it was one of yours. What if it was one of yours? What if some other moron was posting messages on here and they didn't know the full details but were making pre-judgements based on their personnel opinions?! How would you feel then Kenneth???

Have some respect!

Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2008 :  14:13:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Freedom Of speach

Go to Top of Page

Woolfy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2008 :  14:23:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Freedom Of speach

Guess I was brought up differently and taught to respect my fellow human-beings.
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2008 :  14:26:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are all aloud personal opinions last time I looked it was (just about ) a free country with free speech. Call me an disrespectful insensitive moron if you wish add rude to that also if it makes you happy but I still have the RIGHT to MY views and WILL say once more to many fatal accidents have happend on our local roads.
Go to Top of Page

Woolfy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2008 :  14:40:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

We are all aloud personal opinions last time I looked it was (just about ) a free country with free speech. Call me an disrespectful insensitive moron if you wish add rude to that also if it makes you happy but I still have the RIGHT to MY views and WILL say once more to many fatal accidents have happend on our local roads.

I'm not going to discuss this with you on this thread. My email address can be found through this forum if you would like to discuss it further. Discussing this on this thread is unsuitable
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2008 :  16:23:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have NO wish to.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.97 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.