New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

buzz

24 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  21:54:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie on here, but would love to see a gardening section as lilly suggested.

Can we have one, pleeeeeease Pierre.

Oh go on, be a devil. Even Cefn Gola got their own page ???

buzz

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  22:07:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Buzz

We sent a link to Lilly to post a pic of the Garden, but we're yet to see it?

Lilly please confirm?
Go to Top of Page

buzz

24 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  21:08:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry have I missed something........ why do we have to have a photo of lilly's garden to have a gardening section on this site ????

Just a section for gardeners to ask for tips,advice and maybe show off their prize marrow,lol.

buzz
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  21:14:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ya,

As you stated it was originally Lillys idea.

We thought a pic would set a New Topic off nicely.

Anyone is welcome to start a new "Thread", or, are you asking for a new "Category" to be added to the site?

Please see here.
Go to Top of Page

buzz

24 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  21:55:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya, yes a "gardening category "is what I would like to see. Sorry I didn't know the term used for, as I put it new page,lol.

Do you think that would be possible, pleeeeease.

buzz
Go to Top of Page

lilly
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2008 :  15:46:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A warm welcome to you Buzz. I'm so pleased to have another gardening friend here, I'm afraid they seem to be a bit 'thin on the ground'.
As for our Pierre, well I dont think he's too interested in putting a Gardeners Corner on here.
And a Hi to you Aussiewelshman !!! The photos in question that I wanted to put on here were of some deseased leaves, I was hoping someone might be able to recognise my problem, and give me some advice.
I did send a photo to pierre, and he did respond to me. He said that he would put the photo on here -----Unfortunately it never appeared ???????
I was dissappointed about that.
I was also very dissappointed that pierre did not respond to my request for a Gardening catagory to be included on this site.
Still I live in hope.
Come on pierre make this ole gardener happy pleeeeeeeeeese.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13890 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2008 :  16:37:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Lilly,

We sent you an e-mail back the very same day showing how you could post the picture, did you not get the e-mail?
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2008 :  21:43:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lillys' deceased leaves...

Go to Top of Page

valll
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
728 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2008 :  23:01:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesssssssss definately dead !!!

Edited by - valll on 16/12/2008 23:02:38
Go to Top of Page

morgan.m

1184 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2008 :  23:56:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pierre
Get off your a*s* and get your spade out, we are talking about THE GOOD life, Get this forum GOING.

morgan
Go to Top of Page

Samstan

828 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2008 :  08:01:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must admit as a soon to be Good Lifer a Gardening section would be of interest to me too. Would be very useful to find out what grows well and when in Tredegar as well as get hints and tips as a newbie veggie grower!
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13890 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2008 :  10:59:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, put ya spades down, and I'll move my Arse :o)

P.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13890 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2008 :  15:50:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New forum now live

http://www.tredegar.co.uk/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=28

Who's going first :o)

Pierre
Go to Top of Page

buzz

24 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2008 :  20:09:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done Pierre. Thanks mate.
buzz.
Go to Top of Page

lilly
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  19:22:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea, a BIG thank you.
And many thanks to you gardeners who supported my request for the Gardening Catagory, its much appreciated.
May I ask aussiewelshman how he put the pic of my sad leaves up on here. Where did you find it??
And how the heck did you do it aussiewelshman ? Many thanks for your assistance.
Regards lilly

Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  21:08:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lilly

May I ask aussiewelshman how he put the pic of my sad leaves up on here.

Hi ya Lilly,

I used some pixie dust and some forum code...

/gallery/gallery/Miscellaneous_/Tredegar/Lilly1.jpg

If you insert the above URL, inside the "insert image format" from the menu bar on the reply box, (ie:- [ img][ /img] - without the spacing) the picture magically appears. I don't really know how it works though.

quote:
Where did you find it??

You sent it to us (webteam@tredegar.co.uk) Lilly.

quote:
And how the heck did you do it aussiewelshman?

I uploaded the picture into the Tredegar Online Gallery, and then posted the above URL into my post on the forum thread. If you click on "Tredegar Online Gallery", you'll see your pic.

quote:
Many thanks for your assistance.
Regards lilly

Anytime.

Regards, AW.

p.s. could someone please explain the above to me?

Go to Top of Page

lilly
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  18:03:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks aussiewelshman. Gee wizz I feel like a right dumbo now, I'll go and have a peep at that gallery and give it another try.
Sorry to say I think I'll be getting back to you with more pleas for help.
As they say AW --- A friend in need, is a pest, LOL.
Regards lilly
Go to Top of Page

lilly
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  18:17:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here goes
/gallery/gallery/Miscellaneous/Tredegar/Lilly1jpg

Edited by - lilly on 20/12/2008 18:19:53
Go to Top of Page

lilly
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  18:21:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awwwwwwwww well, guess I need a bit more practice.
Go to Top of Page

lilly
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  18:40:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And again[/gallery/gallery/Micsellaneous/Tredegar/Lilly1.jpgimg][/img]
Go to Top of Page

lilly
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  18:41:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok....................I give in, sob sob
Go to Top of Page

valll
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
728 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  19:17:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Doesn't work for me either Lilly, perhaps it only works if you have the right magic fairy dust
Val

Edited by - valll on 20/12/2008 19:21:04
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  23:09:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Exactly as below Folks...

Now you can post any pic in the Gallery, using the same technique.

Also, anyone is able to upload a pic into the Gallery. Please see here, and click on the "UPLD" button.

However, any/every picture uploaded, must first be approved by the Webteam. (Just to filter out any "nasties")

Henceforth, should anyone upload a pic in the Gallery, please either say so on the relevent thread, or, drop us an email at WebTeam@Tredegar.co.uk.

We will then either post it for you, or send you the details to post it yourself.

Now, get practising.

Go to Top of Page

lilly
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2008 :  18:46:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By jove I think I've got it !!!!!!!!
Have your got it Valll ???
I will be practising, just as soon as I get the chance.
Thank you aussie.
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2008 :  20:12:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're welcome.

To confirm "Jove" (or anyone else) has got it, just hit the "Preview" button.

Nice one Lilly.
Go to Top of Page

chips

62 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2008 :  22:33:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[img][/img

anything ????
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.95 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.