Photos and Video of Tredegar, Past and Present
 East Lane
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sheila

2 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  10:10:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am looking for a photo of East Lane. Failing that, would any of you knowledgeable people be able to tell me what lies in its place now? We intend a visit to Gwent R.O. if you are unable to help. If they come up with the goods then we will post you a copy of what we have.
Thanks, sheila

p.s. I married a Welshman and gave him 9 Welsh children. Though that is for North Wales, I hope my donation and support for Wales carries weight!!!

nantybwch

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2013 :  16:30:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
North Lane and East Lane were re-named Upper and Lower Coronation Street respectively. One can logically infer that this would have been after the coronation of the present monarch.
Go to Top of Page

emrys
Advanced Member

715 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2013 :  16:52:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I rather think North and East lanes were renamed after the coronation of King Edward. (son of Victoria)in 1901 as Coronation Sts, Upper and Lower were so named before the current monarch was born. Emrys
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.