Webmaster

United Kingdom
13893 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2009 :  16:48:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  16:17:32 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Car Boot Sale
Source - WalesOnLine

A car boot sale will be held at Bryn Bach Park on Sunday, April 19, from 8am to 12pm.

Stall holders are asked to arrive at 8am to begin setting up and the charge is 5 per car.
For more information contact Cath Parker, the Duke of Edinburgh co-ordinator on 01495 357864 or 07817 246920.
Go to Top of Page

swalk2855
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
176 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  19:56:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the info have been waiting weeks with stuff stored in the summer house for a car boot to happen, lets hope its not cancelled or raining.
Go to Top of Page

lilly
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2009 :  13:18:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the Boot Sale that never happened.
Myself and many others made the effort to go, but all in vain as it had been cancelled.
Better organisation badly needed.
lilly
Go to Top of Page

chips

62 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2009 :  20:10:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Too right lilly, I treked up there, kids aswell. Made a mug of us didn't they ???

Pierre seems to be rather quiet on this topic ??????
Maybe a little red faced after promoting it on here ?????

May I suggest that you remove the time table for the "car boot sale", before other poor souls go marching up there on there day off.......only to be made a fool of,huh!
chips
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2009 :  21:15:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chips

May I suggest that you remove the time table for the "car boot sale", before other poor souls go marching up there on there day off.......only to be made a fool of,huh!

Hi Chips,

It's not our call.

All information/advertisments are placed in good faith.

See the above Wales On Line article.

quote:
For more information contact Cath Parker, the Duke of Edinburgh co-ordinator on 01495 357864 or 07817 246920
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13893 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2009 :  11:34:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Too right lilly, I treked up there, kids aswell. Made a mug of us didn't they ???

chips

Chips,

The poster in the gallery has already been amended to show the URL of this post, so people can see for themselves the issues. We do this all the time.

As aussiewelshman said, we can only post what info we are given.

We do not remove any data from the archive, just comment on them.

Maybe we should ban ALL organisations posting any information on things happening in the town in case its cancelled, postponed or simply does not live up to expectations?

You said I was quiet on this topic, what do you want me to do ?
Why would I be red faced trying to promote things that are happening in the town ?

Of course you remember agreeing to:

The Owner of this forums neither accept responsibility for nor give any warranty or other assurance as to the content of the material appearing on this website, its accuracy, completeness, timelessness or fitness for any particular purpose.

When you signed up here

Please keep us all updated of the outcome when you contact the organiser of the event.

Pierre
Go to Top of Page

chips

62 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2009 :  18:10:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I phoned the lady Cath Parker several times yesterday and today but I was unable to speak to her pierre, she was unavailable.
Will try tomorrow and will post when I manage to get through to her.
No one else was able to help me.
Never mind, sure I'll calch her one day(maybe)
chips.
Go to Top of Page

swalk2855
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
176 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2009 :  21:32:55 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi all

spoke to cath parker she said that the time table is not correct and that car boot sales will start for definate this sunday and throughout may.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13893 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2009 :  10:37:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks swalk2855 for the update.....
Go to Top of Page

lilly
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2009 :  18:17:14 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well swalk , NO CAR BOOT SALE AGAIN TODAY So I don't know what Cath Parker is talking about ??????? I wonder if Cath Parker knows anything at all to be honest

The man on the gate said that there WOULD NOT BE ANY CAR BOOT SALES THERE on any coming Sunday.

regards lilly

Edited by - lilly on 26/04/2009 18:44:38
Go to Top of Page

swalk2855
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
176 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  19:23:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
un believable! ive got all geared up again to do a blinking car boot just about to load the car up for the third time to find out there isnt one when cath parker said there was.....what is going on...honestly its a shame.
Go to Top of Page

swalk2855
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
176 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  20:46:14 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok all its now 20.44pm saturday eve have just spoke to cath parker again and she assures me that there is a car boot tommorow sellers 9am buyers 9.30am
so lets see
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13893 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  22:53:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks from all swalk2855 for the updated....

Fingers crossed for you that its on tomorrow.........

Does cath parker work up in Bryn Bach full time ?
Go to Top of Page

swalk2855
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
176 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  09:59:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what a utter sham!!!! woke up late so decided just to go to the boot sale got there absolutley nothing!!!!!!!!!!!! yes there should have been a boot sale today but i am guessing the lack of advertising combined with the constant let down week after week has left bryn bach with egg on their faces.
according to the leaflet advertising the boot sales there is definetly one on next week so lets hope its better than this week where no cars turned up buyers yes sellers no...im glad i woke up late as i would have been the only one there.
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  11:05:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I phoned the lady Cath Parker several times yesterday and today but I was unable to speak to her pierre, she was unavailable.
Will try tomorrow and will post when I manage to get through to her.
No one else was able to help me.
Never mind, sure I'll calch her one day(maybe)
chips.

So chippy,

Have you chased this up?

Just a little reminder, seeing as though the weekend is coming up.
Go to Top of Page

lilly
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  14:46:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Its sad that this whole Car Boot set up has been such a shambles. I think it would have taken off well up in Bryn Bach. A good idea spoiled by bad management. Trouble is, I believe you only get one shot at making a success of such a venture, and the organisers shot themselves right in the foot !!!
No one in there right mind is going to load up their cars and take their stuff up to Bryn Bach now, incase all the effort made is in vain.
As for me, well , they won't be making a mug out of me again on a Sunday morning. I don't believe any of the promises anymore.
What a fiasco.
regards lilly
Go to Top of Page

chips

62 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  15:29:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Just phoned to speak to Cath Parker AGAIN........ guess what she's out !!!! I spoke to a man Nick Garside, he confirmed that there is a car boot sale this Sunday.
chips
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.