Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13891 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  14:45:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All,

Unfortinatly I'm the bearer of very bad news.

Forum regular, Terry, passed away in the early hours of this morning. He will be sadly missed by his family and his many friends.

I personnel seen Terry at his house Christmas time, and he was a very happy and content person, always happy to help, and a good friend. He has been active on the Tredegar website for over 5 years.

This forum will be shutdown for a short period as a mark of respect to Terry. Details of this to follow....

Rgds,

Pierre

PS,
love a whiskey but must be BELLS,

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  14:58:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reqiescat in Pace Terry. The forum is poorer without you.

Thoughts are with the family.

Go to Top of Page

oldcefnlad
Advanced Member

655 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  17:04:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Didn't know Terry myself but always enjoyed reading his posts.....very sad news.
Go to Top of Page

morris1975

United Kingdom
1286 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  17:19:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Terry was a regular poster on here and came across as a very decent Chap. Next time I have a whiskey I'll have a Bell's and toast to Terry.
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  17:35:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it is sad news Will miss his comments.

Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  18:09:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RIP Terry

Go to Top of Page

Peregrine Honeydew

United Kingdom
1136 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  18:27:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sad news indeed, RIP butty.

Go to Top of Page

Samstan

828 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  18:50:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've not been here long but did enjoy reading his comments and his signature always caught my eye and made me smile.

RIP Terry
Go to Top of Page

luggage207

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  19:14:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
R.I.P Terry
Go to Top of Page

morgan.m

1184 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  19:30:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Sad, He will surely be missed, R.I.P Terry
Go to Top of Page

sean

1117 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  20:11:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sad news.

can we coordinate all having a drink to terry at the same time? would he have liked something like that?

maybe a countdown clock on the forum, so those at home or overseas can join in too?

regards

sean
Go to Top of Page

Panda

United Kingdom
873 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  21:48:55 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RIP Terry

Go to Top of Page

Whitehouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
393 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  21:52:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RIP Terry

Go to Top of Page

llanover

Australia
1094 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  22:09:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vale, Terry. Deepest sympathy to Family.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13891 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  22:28:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
sad news.

can we coordinate all having a drink to terry at the same time? would he have liked something like that?

maybe a countdown clock on the forum, so those at home or overseas can join in too?

regards

sean

Good thinking mate, will see what we can do. Awaiting details for the funeral, will post when when I know.....

Gutted....
Go to Top of Page

tyr

56 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  22:37:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sad news rip terry

sad news rip terry

Go to Top of Page

myriad
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
334 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  23:35:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did not know Terry personally, My sympathies go out to his family.
I enjoyed reading Terry's post on the Tredegar web page.
I think our web page is bringing us a closer community.
Sadly times like this, makes you realise how close we are getting in our community friendship.
Go to Top of Page

Canuck

Canada
60 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  05:36:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My deepest sympathy goes out to his family. I always enjoyed his input and thoughts. A great loss to the Tredegar web site and another Tech boy gone.
Cheers,
Canuck
Go to Top of Page

Canuck

Canada
60 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  05:53:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Pierre,
Just as an afterthought how about a memorial type page for members such as Terry.
Cheers,
Canuck
Go to Top of Page

SoTired
Advanced Member

150 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  07:43:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saddened to hear this, my deepest sympathies go out to the family.

RIP Terry.
Go to Top of Page

Woolfy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  08:45:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very sad news. RIP Terry.

Go to Top of Page

andy

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  08:53:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so very sad ,had a few nights with him and my dad at the willows,monday nights will now start in heaven i guess.......with bells chasers!!!!!.

will miss you terry,goodnight mate x
Go to Top of Page

Titch
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
533 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  12:24:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very sad to hear of the passing of Terry, my thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time.

I enjoyed his banter and interesting topics.
I think we should all take note of his favourite quote:
"We are here but once, enjoy!"
I'll have a wee Bells and think of you in my local on Friday.(Even though I prefer a Black Bush). From another 'Tech Old Boy'
Rest in peace.
Go to Top of Page

morris1975

United Kingdom
1286 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  16:25:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aye you can't beat a nice black bush can you Titch ;-).
Go to Top of Page

Titch
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
533 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  18:30:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had a few white ones in my time, but the black is far superior, have you tried a green one Morris?
Go to Top of Page

skippy

92 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  18:38:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What sad news about a lovely man RIP. Terry worked in the stores at ncb
work's in Tredegar till it shut in 1986.He will be missed by many,
my thoughts are with his family. I dont drink whisky but I will have one and think of Terry and all the good time's
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.75 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.