New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13890 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2009 :  13:37:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Following on from the hugely popular Christmas event held by the Business Forum within Tredegar, please see below for information on the Easter Event :o)

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13890 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2009 :  14:00:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also at the event..

Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13890 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2009 :  17:14:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the video of the Christmas event :o)

Go to Top of Page

nermal

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2009 :  20:02:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Business Forum and the town centre manager are doing an exellent job and are working really hard to get events running in the town. I hope everyone shows their support by attending the event next Saturday . Im hoping to have a good shop on the craft stalls before the talent show starts . We have so much talent here in Tredegar could be quite a challenge that one !!Good Luck all !!
Go to Top of Page

sean

1117 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2009 :  20:47:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
will the mayor be running an easter bunny drop?

regards

sean
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  00:51:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Easter Fun In Tredegar
Source - WalesOnLine

AN EASTER eggs-travaganza is being held in Tredegar over the school holidays.

Tredegar Business Forum is organising fun Easter-themed events for all the family, assisted by Bethan Cartwright, town centre manager
The Easter event follows on from the success of the forumís Christmas event.
All the fun takes place on Saturday, April 4, between 11am and 5pm, along Commercial Street.
From 1pm until 3pm there will be an open talent competition for youngsters aged 16 and under.
The winner will win a free studio recording session at the Catapult creative media and e-learning centre in Tredegar.
Anyone interested in entering needs to deliver their name and choice of song to Restaurant Europa by 10.30am on the day.
There will be an Easter bonnet parade, led by the Tredegar Drum Corps, starting at 2pm at Gwent Shopping Centre with the best bonnet winning a cash prize.
Other activities will include a childrenís tea party, from 3pm to 4pm, a circus skills workshop from 11am to 1pm on the green opposite the post office, a craft market, fair rides, Easter egg hunt, face painting and street entertainers.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13890 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  19:33:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More info on another event on this Saturday.

Its going to be a great day :o)

tredegar easter event
saturday 4th april
children's tea party
free admission
sittings from 3pm
limited numbers
collect tickets from europa cafe
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13890 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  17:05:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A great day was had by all, and the weather was on the peoples side

Video of todays events below..

Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  22:17:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Heavens!

That bunny has hold of a child!
Go to Top of Page

mike
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
385 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  22:49:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Phew, what a relief! That giant rabbit I saw wasn't a hallucination, it was real

Mike
Go to Top of Page

nermal

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  12:56:32 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The bunny was very scary !! The Forum did really well it was lovely to see so many people enjoying themselves , well done all cant wait for the next one x
Go to Top of Page

xtype
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
356 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  15:55:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there did not seem to be as much of a turn out as christmas,i have heard that there may be one planned for the summer, i think that it would be a event and a half if it could be run from the clock right up to the center, involving the whole town and not just one half but that would be up to the traders from castle street and commercial street to get together and come up with something,
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13890 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  18:49:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New gallery on-line showing the day. Shots taken at around 11:15 in the morning.

Please goto here to view

Go to Top of Page

elsa

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  09:32:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know you were only joking but just for you to know Sean the mayor has NOTHING to do with organizing these events it is all down to the Tredegar business forum
Go to Top of Page

draigar08

11 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  12:30:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by elsa

i know you were only joking but just for you to know Sean the mayor has NOTHING to do with organizing these events it is all down to the Tredegar business forum

please correct me if im wrong but he isn't he a member of the business forum? and didn't the organisation that he is on the committee of sponsor the event?
Go to Top of Page

elsa

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  08:09:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just to clear this up for every one the current Mayor of Tredegar is NOT a member of the business forum. i dont know what organisations he is with but NONE of them sponsor these events. The only sponsorship comes from Bethan Cartright Tredegar town centre manager. plus a grant from the borough council, the rest of the money comes from the forum members themselves.
Go to Top of Page

elsa

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  08:14:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Tredegar Business Forum would very much like Castle st traders to join us. Any business is welcome the more the merrier, you have all seen what we are trying to achieve so come and join us and we can turn out bigger and better events for the town.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13890 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  09:15:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The events held are simply great :o)

Nothing but praise for all that took part and organised the event....

Looking forward to the next one....

They are simply the best thing that has happened in the town for years.
Go to Top of Page

nermal

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  20:31:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some times you really cant win lol. Tredegar Business Forum did organise the whole event , however the mayor and Cllr Trollope did arrive at 8.30am and put up the gazzebos(spelling issue ???) and sort out the electric etc along with workers from Harrisons ,and family vision supplied electric .I dont think that would qualifying for organising it all , they attend the meetings on behalf of the council to see if there are issues we can help with such as road closures etc...I helped with making sandwiches and did the talent show (which Hayden judged )and also helped with the childrens tea party along with a couple of helpers and really enjyed it.Its the least we can do as the forum spent so much of their time and effort into planning and implementing the event.

We also did the same at the Christmas event and will do so at any other event that the business forum want to hold because what their doing is great and watching how hard they work whilst trying to run business as usual is a real credit to the hard working business of the town.

No one does it for credit we do it because supringly!!! we to help anyone such as the business forum who are doing a brilliant job bringing people and events to the town.

No one sponsored the event Tredegar Town Council gave a donation at Christmas and paid for the barriers at the Easter event the Business forum have raised everthing else themselves .Bethan has also done an exellent job and worked hard as the town centre manager.

I dont see why instead of trying to score points people dont work together and maybe we'd get a lot futher .Im sure the Business forum will be happy for any volunteers to help at their next event .
Go to Top of Page

elsa

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  14:02:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A message from Tredegar business forum
BIG THANKS
Big thanks to all who participated in the Easter event . Special thanks to all forum members for their time and efforts
also Bethan Cartright for all her help and support and also for getting us part funding.
Thanks to Ebbw Vale business forum for the loan of equipment
Tredegar councillors for help setting up the days events
Judging and compering competitions
and for organinzing road closures
Catapult for donating the wonderful recording prize
Greggs for donations of food for the very successsful tea party
and of course all Tredegar people who turned out for the event.
We hope all will support us at our next event hopefully to take place in the summer.
Anyone wishing to help out, judge, run a stall or be involved in any way will be welcome.
Go to Top of Page

elsa

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2009 :  10:25:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
apologies apologies apologies i earlier stated that ex mayor john morgan was nothing to do with Tredegar business forum but with new information i ned to rectify my earlier comments and tell you that at the time of the easter event Mr Morgan was in fact a paid up member of the forum as well as being the council rep.
Go to Top of Page

xtype
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
356 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2009 :  19:54:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i thought he would be a member,he gets his fingers in every thing
Go to Top of Page

Samstan

828 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2009 :  07:28:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Including, it would appear, moaning about not being credited with being a member but "No one does it for credit we do it because supringly!!! we to help anyone such as the business forum who are doing a brilliant job bringing people and events to the town.". So why the need for elsa to correct her accidental error a month after the event?!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.