Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13890 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2009 :  16:31:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That went quick

To see more pictures of schools in Tredegar, please visit the schools section of the Tredegar on-line gallery here

Nerak

86 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2009 :  21:24:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for putting this on your site! It's my daughter's poster and she was really pleased when she won!

There's lots going on at the school at the moment.
We're celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the school with four variety shows based on the year 1984.
Show Dates: 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th June.
Summer Fete: Sat 11th July.
Party for the children during school time.
Design a programme competition (Winning entries pics soon to be uploaded)

Can I just take this opportunity to thank the following for their very kind sponsorship, without which the events could not go ahead.

Ron Skinner and Sons, Tredegar
S.P.Haulage, Tredegar,
Family Finance, Tredegar,
Miss Tiggywinkles, Tredegar,
Gwent MOT Station, Tredegar,
Melin Homes, Roderick Hill Court, Tredegar
Go to Top of Page

Nerak

86 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2009 :  22:49:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would further like to thank
Castle Oak Timber Frame Ltd, Rassau Ind Estate for their sponsorship

Sue Woodward of Ruggerbug, Ystrad Mynach for all her generous donations and support

x
Go to Top of Page

Nerak

86 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2009 :  16:09:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank yet more people for the incredible support of the schools 25th year!

The pending shows seem to be getting more exciting! We have some amazing donations that we are able to auction on the nights to fund raise for the children and the school.

- We have been given some signed CD's, photos and a 7" single by none other than the Manic Street Preachers!! Thank you James, Sean and Nicky!

- A signed snooker ball from Mark Williams! Thank you!

- A Cardiff City programme and ticket signed by Peter Ridsdale from their last game at Ninian Park!! Thank you to Keith Andrews!

Go to Top of Page

Cae

2405 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2009 :  16:50:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi- would you like me to add the rest of those "thank-you's to those already on Starlight News page?

Memories are made of these.....
www.tredegar.co.uk/starlight
Go to Top of Page

Nerak

86 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2009 :  17:25:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You must have read my mind because I was just going to email you!!
Yes please if you could as we are really grateful to all those that have and are continuing to support the children. All the hard work is worth it knowing how much the children enjoy it and that the local community is behind us.
Go to Top of Page

Cae

2405 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2009 :  20:20:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All Done! Great to see how much support you've been getting!

Memories are made of these.....
www.tredegar.co.uk/starlight
Go to Top of Page

Nerak

86 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  18:38:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More thank you's on behalf of all involved in the 25th Anniversary celebrations.

- Only Men Aloud and Amy Nuttall

- Joe Calzaghe

Thank you all for the brilliant signed programmes. Thank you to those that helped get the goodies! The children are really excited about the shows next week. We hope to raise lots of money, but most importantly we hope everyone has a great time and the children enjoy themselves. We are very pleased that past members of staff will be joining us along with our sponsors.

See you all next week when the children help to bring back 1984!!
Go to Top of Page

Nerak

86 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  07:31:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As the fourth and final anniversary show approaches this evening I have to thank all the children in the school that have taken part. There have been some great comments from your family members that came to see you perform! We are so proud of all the children as they put in 100% and did their school proud. If you did come to see the shows thank you too for your continuous support. We have enjoyed the evenings ourselves all the work was worth it. What a way to celebrate the 25th year of Deighton Primary!! And finally... it was lovely to have past members of staff come and share in the event too especially past Headmaster Mr. Maynard!
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13890 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  10:04:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have heard some great reviews of the shows..

Well done all :o)
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  10:08:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anyone has any pics or video we can place on the site, please send them in.
Go to Top of Page

Bryan Rendell

United Kingdom
1788 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  20:09:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why don't you send them the research re: Deighton Ironworks, photos etc that have appeared on the Web.

I'm sure that the parents, children and staff don't know the history of why the School is so called.
Go to Top of Page

Nerak

86 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2009 :  11:26:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any information on Deighton would be brilliant as the children are holding a special assembly morning next Friday 19th June. I'm sure they would use the history of the Deighton ground and anything else you can help with during this event. I will gladly pass on any information to the staff. There is to be a yard party (weather permitting, otherwise it will be held indoors) that afternoon, where we shall be cutting the cakes that were beautifully made for us.

There was DVD footage and photographs taken on all nights of the shows this week I will ask parental permission and see if we can submit some. I am sure the parents would love to share with the community as everyone had a great time and all the children that took part were amazing.

On behalf of the children and all involved with the four shows thanks to all that came to support us. Some wonderful memories from this week. The children are a credit to their school, they entertained us all and were so well behaved and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Enjoy your party next week!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.6 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.