United Kingdom
13576 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  12:19:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everybody got that

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  12:49:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Blaenau Gwent Council,

Down here in New Holland we use this to put all our rubbish in, and this to put all our recyclables in.

On the same day, each week we put both of these out like this .

Then one of these empties them.

It's called the 21st century.

Wanna jump on?

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  15:18:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the majority of the area here in Tredegar is either mountainious or terraced housed with no front garden.
how can we put a wheely pin on the pavements when you live on a hill?
what about the old people? how are they going to transport these bins up and down steps? at the end of the day we live in the valleys where the majority of us have steps up and down to our houses.
there are lots of issues regarding wheely bins, have you not thought about any of these?
your solution is not as easy as you have made out above!
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  16:09:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will they ever get it right? or is it that all the constant changes just for certain companys to make extrs s ot of the council um sorry us.

What will we get next? wheely bins Na havent the room for them and yes we to have steps. As it is im sick of the ******* boxes cluttering up the garden.

What next to **** the G.O.M. off?
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  17:03:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by forgetmenot

the majority of the area here in Tredegar is either mountainious or terraced housed with no front garden.
how can we put a wheely pin on the pavements when you live on a hill?
what about the old people? how are they going to transport these bins up and down steps? at the end of the day we live in the valleys where the majority of us have steps up and down to our houses.
there are lots of issues regarding wheely bins, have you not thought about any of these?
your solution is not as easy as you have made out above!

Hard as it may be to believe...

New Holland also has Terraced Houses, No Gardens, Hills, Old People & Steps.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  14:52:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so how do you overcome the problem of steps?
old people?
terraced houses?
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  14:54:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
why does Kenneth have to imply the use of bad language?

we might not all agree sometimes but at the end of the day we do all have opionions and its makes non of us right.

this seemed to be a friendly, nice page where we could have debates and all parties put their viuews and opinions across, lets keep it that way and not have sarcastic remarks which come across as being foul mouthed and aggressive.

lets just all view our opinions in a nice solciable way :-)
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  17:26:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kenneth is our resident Grumpy Old Man.

And it's not that he's swearing, his keyboard is wonky.

His * key gets stuck.

I'm off to speak to old people, who live in terrace houses with steps.
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  17:30:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

yep defo my keyboard

Its so good to be me the G.O.M.
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  17:37:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The new bags came around today but they did not leave the G.O.M. or the G.O.W (wife, just in case no one knows what G.O.W means as I had to explain what G.O.M. means) any of the new bags.

Another from the G.O.M. and a tamping G.O.L grrrrrrrrrrrrr*********************

Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  18:30:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Think Iv fixed my keyboard,

recycle boxes

what next to hack the G.O.M.off?

yep seems to be working fine now.

The G.O.M. (grumpy old man) telling it as he sees it.
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  21:02:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Kenneth,

To save you the trouble of explaining what/who is a G.O.M., would you like us to rig it so this:- automatically appears at the end of your posts?

We'd do that for you Mate.

Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  22:00:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thats kind of you thanks yes please,

One more time for the G.O.M. hehe
Go to Top of Page

morgan.m

1184 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  23:51:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Forgetmenot
You are the only one to talk commonsence, I live in an area where my bin is stored around the back of terrace house with no access for a wheely bin collection, at the present I am able to carry a garbage bin or bag throught the house. I have a small front garden and there`s no way will I store my Bin etc, on numerous times I have had the Rat catcher where the vermin has eaten through my plastic bin also roaming foxes, It states on the leaflet that all collections to be put out the night before for collection a 7.0 pm.
They can get stuffed as I will take my waste to the DUMP
As far as Brad is corncerned he`s living in a different enviroment which you so rightly pointed out,
A GOOD AUSSIE SAYING, BRAD HAVE YOU BEEN TOLD TODAY !!!
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  01:15:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morgan

Hi Forgetmenot
You are the only one to talk commonsence,

Great, now I'm the same as a G.O.M & BGCBC.

quote:
I live in an area where my bin is stored around the back of terrace house with no access for a wheely bin collection, at the present I am able to carry a garbage bin or bag throught the house. I have a small front garden and there`s no way will I store my Bin etc, on numerous times I have had the Rat catcher where the vermin has eaten through my plastic bin also roaming foxes,

Sounds nice.

quote:
It states on the leaflet that all collections to be put out the night before for collection a 7.0 pm.
They can get stuffed as I will take my waste to the DUMP

So, I take it you agree with my original sentiment, (we can quibble over the wording too if you like) concerning BGC.

quote:
As far as Brad is corncerned he`s living in a different enviroment which you so rightly pointed out,

Pointed out? Mate, the Town Clerk knows where I live.

quote:
A GOOD AUSSIE SAYING, BRAD HAVE YOU BEEN TOLD TODAY !!!

It's actually phrased as a question down here, Morgan.

In response, no. I don't associate with people incapable of structuring pragmatic debate.

Go to Top of Page

Samstan

827 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  07:30:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The bags, once emptied, should be funny on a windy day! So I put them out before I leave for work (6:30am ish - no way are they going out the night before or they'll be torn to bits by the local cats & foxes), and if they haven't blow away collect them around 5pm. Or on a normal spring/ autumn/ winter day I play hunt the bag and retrieve it from the neighbour's tree where it blew 30s after it had been emptied!
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  09:19:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thats kind of you thanks yes please

All done Mate...

I think.
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  09:45:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Its so nice to know that we have one person that talks commonsence while the rest of us (well me anyway) only talks a load of old ******* (rubbish)

The G.O.M with a bad start to the day.

Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  12:01:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Its so nice to know that we have one person that talks commonsence

You've been asked to stop swearing Kenneth.

quote:
while the rest of us (well me anyway) only talks a load of old ******* (rubbish)

I know Mate, we've all been tarred thickly, by Morgans brush.

quote:
The G.O.M with a bad start to the day.

quote:

Love it!

Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  12:50:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

so how do you overcome the problem of steps?
old people?
terraced houses?

Hi forgetmenot,

Sorry, I missed the above questions earlier.

I can assure you, I have no problem with steps, old people, or terrace houses.

This was a good conversation.

Regards,

aw.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  14:14:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am completly lost now lol

dont know what all that was about above
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  14:44:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I am completly lost now lol

dont know what all that was about above"

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm well its like this you see it all started when O my goodness sorry just havent got the time to explain got to get on with being grumpy so much to do so little time.

grumpty grump goes the G.O.M.

Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  21:29:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I am completly lost now lol

dont know what all that was about above

1) Pierre posted a thingy about BGC's waste collection.

2) Aussiewelshman made a simplistic critique, aimed at BGC's ongoing, differing methods of waste collection.

3) Forgetmenot attacks Aussiewelshman.

4) Grumpy Old Man throws in his 2 pence worth.

5) Morgan attacks aussiewelshman.

6) Grumpy Old Man wants his 2 pence back.

7) Aussiewelshman seeks psychotherapy about alleged 'problems' he has concerning, "steps, old people & terrace houses".

Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  11:41:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The new bags came around today but they did not leave the G.O.M. or the G.O.W (wife, just in case no one knows what G.O.W means as I had to explain what G.O.M. means) any of the new bags.

Another from the G.O.M. and a tamping G.O.L grrrrrrrrrrrrr*********************

What's a G.O.L.?
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  14:55:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i thought this was a serious page in which opinions and thoughts could be aired, obviously not!!!!
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13576 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  14:59:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I seen the new sacks that Blaenau Gwent are issuing to all yesterday. The first bit of wind and that is going to be the end of them....

What about the costs to us all for getting the existing bins....

Has that been forgotten about ?

Anybody got any news when the main rubbish collection is going from weekly to bi-weekly ?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.