Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tredegar
 What's on in Tredegar
 Celebration of last passenger train to leaveTown!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Webteam
Webteam

23582 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2010 :  20:37:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

uncle bob

United Kingdom
2458 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2010 :  11:23:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uncle bob and quite a few others missed the small print about tickets, and there were only 50 tickets!!! turned away as no tickets left
Obviously needs a larger venue many locals disappointed
took along an original closure notice that i was willing to donate but B*GGER EM now i lost out they lost out

Edited by - uncle bob on 19/06/2010 11:25:59
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  23:26:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RIGHT AGAIN UNCLE BOB / PATHETIC ,,,
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13908 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  21:02:55 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Oggles

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2011 :  20:59:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I admire all the work that you have done for my home town.

With regard to the last train, this ran on Saturday 11th June 1960. Closure notices indicated that a service would be withdrawn from a date - in this case 13th June 1960. There were no regular Sunday trains and therefore the last train ran on the Saturday. From memory, the last train of the day from Risca did not normally run to Nantybwch but it did on the last day. The engine on the front was No.3634 whilst the engine on the rear was No. 8711. 8711 was the last engine to leave Tredegar shed. The picture shows the train at Tredegar before departure to Nantybwch. At Nantybwch, 3634 was taken off the head of the train and coupled to 8711 for the journey back down the valley to Newport.

Hope this is helpful

Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2011 :  21:51:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank You for the Information Sir..!.. Information like that Is Always..Interesting/Helpful,And obviously Informative ,And Welcomed .!, Please share any other Info With us..! Thanks...!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.