New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

fredd

6218 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  22:06:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lots of sirens and police helicopter circling in the vicinty of bryn bach park ,heads of the valley area about 9.45 ish any ideas what was happening??

bigpappa

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  22:11:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
police stopping traffic at bottom of gwent way and not letting traffic up the old ash tip road residents been told to go into their homes and lock their windows and doors as they are dealing with an incident
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6218 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  22:14:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so they are looking for someone and its not an accident then?
quote:
Originally posted by bigpappa

police stopping traffic at bottom of gwent way and not letting traffic up the old ash tip road residents been told to go into their homes and lock their windows and doors as they are dealing with an incident

Go to Top of Page

bigpappa

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  22:15:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
also heared armed responce are up the ash tip road also
Go to Top of Page

bigpappa

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  22:21:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and police dogs there too so with armed response and dogs it must be quite serious
Go to Top of Page

bigpappa

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  22:38:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just heared there may have been a stabbing possibly a policeman
Go to Top of Page

bigpappa

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  22:44:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
copper just confirmed that one of those on the run maybe in possession of a knife...
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6218 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  23:05:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when you say one may have a knife do you know how many there are??and which direction do they think they are going??
Go to Top of Page

oldcefnlad
Advanced Member

655 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  23:07:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rumour mill says there was an armed robbery at Ashvale chippie

Edited by - oldcefnlad on 31/08/2010 23:08:07
Go to Top of Page

Panda

United Kingdom
873 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  23:11:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oldcefnlad

Would take that with a pinch of salt! I know times are tough around here but it's only £3.50 for a bag of fish and chips...

On a serious note though, hope they sort out whatever is going on up there soon!
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6218 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  23:13:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i must say ive never heard of an armed robbery at a chip shop i do use that chippie quite often and wouldnt wish that on the owner and staff
quote:
Originally posted by oldcefnlad

Go to Top of Page

fredd

6218 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  23:28:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it beggars belief that someone would carry out an armed robbery on a traditional fish and chip shop
Go to Top of Page

AshleyM

United Kingdom
143 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  23:33:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By reading on facebook about the happenings aroumd the ashvale area, it may not be confirmed but they say the robber has a sword. Read that the copper got stabbed near ashvale club. it must be awful for staff at the chip shop. hope things turns out ok for the stabbed police officer and the police have caught their wanted robber.

Find me at: http://www.tredegar.co.uk/icommunity/ashnet
Go to Top of Page

AshleyM

United Kingdom
143 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  23:59:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just read that the police have caught the mad man. this just needa to be confirmed. i think its safe for you to get some sleep. remember 1st september soon.

Find me at: http://www.tredegar.co.uk/icommunity/ashnet
Go to Top of Page

WelshGrid

102 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  10:50:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ashvale chipshop was not robbed something went on up the Ashvale Club I just spoke to one of the workers of the chipshop
Go to Top of Page

Bonkleg

2 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  12:41:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anymore news on the stabby chip shop raiders then?
Go to Top of Page

WelshGrid

102 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  12:49:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Copper Stabbed and is in Hospital and they found the Mad Swordsman Lastnight in a Field by Gwent Way. chip shop was not robbed
Go to Top of Page

Tred boy 09

45 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  13:03:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMG!!!!! i live next to that field and the coppers did tell us to go inside and lock up but nobody listened. I cant believe a man with a knife was about 100 feet away from us! And i did hear a taser

quote:
Originally posted by WelshGrid

Copper Stabbed and is in Hospital and they found the Mad Swordsman Lastnight in a Field by Gwent Way. chip shop was not robbed

Go to Top of Page

Fluffpants

107 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  17:54:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bl'''' H''L Tred Boy, it must be rough where you leave if you took no notice and heard a tazer and didn't bother to investigate LOLx
Go to Top of Page

Tred boy 09

45 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  18:29:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we did take notice lol we was all outside we even went to ask the police what was happening. we stayed out till about half midnight, dont think it was a taser now though think it was them hitting the grass haha my mistake :O oopsy
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6218 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  22:11:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i find it hard to beleive that someone maybe even a police officer has been stabbed/slashed and there is no mention at all in the news 24 hours later so what really happened all i know that is true is that i saw a helicopter circling brynbach park area/ashvale/gwent way and heard numerous sirens the same time the rumours that ive heard and dismissed is endless im just wondering what really happened
Go to Top of Page

eddiejen
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
176 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  07:40:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didnt think it looked like a police helicopter!

It looked more like a commercial helicopter ( I looked through Binoculors)
Go to Top of Page

Tred boy 09

45 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  10:57:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I spoke to a copper and his exact words was " We are searching for two men who got away from my collegue earlier on tonight and one might be in possesion of a knife of some sort" and before he spoke to us a private ambulance left the area of the pathway to bryn bach from gwent way area (new road)But yes i agree with you why hasnt it been on the welsh news yet

quote:
Originally posted by fredd

i find it hard to beleive that someone maybe even a police officer has been stabbed/slashed and there is no mention at all in the news 24 hours later so what really happened all i know that is true is that i saw a helicopter circling brynbach park area/ashvale/gwent way and heard numerous sirens the same time the rumours that ive heard and dismissed is endless im just wondering what really happened

Edited by - Tred boy 09 on 02/09/2010 11:04:00
Go to Top of Page

Peregrine Honeydew

United Kingdom
1143 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  19:11:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FACT: An officer was wounded and at least one of the people involved has been caught. The fact that it hasn't been on the news has puzzled me too, but there you go.

Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13925 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  20:57:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to all thgat sent in the following link

Police officer was stabbed
Source: WalesOnLine

A POLICE officer was stabbed after quizzing two men he found acting suspiciously outside an industrial estate.

He was attacked as he asked the men what they were doing at the entrance to Ashvale Industrial Estate in Tredegar.

The men then ran off in the direction of Bryn Bach Parc, which borders Rhymney, leaving the officer bleeding from a wound to his arm.

The officer was taken to Prince Charles Hospital, Merthyr Tydfil, where he received two stitches to his wound.

A police spokeswoman said: “The officer spotted two males acting suspiciously outside Ashvale Industrial Estate in Tredegar. As he spoke to them and asked them what they were doing one of them lunged forward and cut the officer’s arm, resulting in a puncture wound.”

One of the men was around 6ft tall, slim, pale and wore a navy or dark hooded top and jeans. The other wore an Adidas hooded top and a scarf covering his face.

If anyone knows anything about the incident which happened at around 9.30pm on Tuesday or has information they should contact Gwent Police on 01633 838111 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

fredd

6218 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  19:55:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im still finding this hard to digest !! ive looked and looked around the news and only found this one solitary item anywhere.It all seems very hush hush !! To me surely if a police officer was stabbed in tredegar it would be main stream headlines around the country , Let alone locally the next morning or so Did they catch or lose the offenders ??? Or what explanation ? .
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.