Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tredegar
 General Discussion - Tredegar
 It's official United Welsh don't give a toss!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kay16

2142 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2010 :  22:44:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a little update about this development in Woodfield Road [Sorry it's a long one].As you know we've had problems with demolition,people ill and rushed to hospital,kid's sent home from school,rat's and damage to back walls. Well the problems are getting more and more.Residents are complaining about crack's appearing in they homes because of the vibration from the pileing and other works,doors dropping,yet again more damage to walls as they try and bring in and take out machinery---last week Glyn Tce was without electricity because a lorry had knocked out an electricity pole and dragged the live wires up the street as he went [these narrow street's were not made for large artic's like we have been seeing down there]they have damaged the road surface because of the catapillar's on the jcb's because they have had to drive them out to the main road and then onto the lorrys. There were problem's last week as they couldn't get round to the site so the just unloaded in Woodfield Road causing problems and again today when Woodfield Cross was blocked off for about 2 hours as they struggled to get stuff off the lorry and into the site as they are now using [which they were made well aware of that they must not use,they are to use the one by Jame Street Post office only] the entrance on Woodfield Cross because they have built up the land so much, a good 6-7 feet in places [again they were not to do it]and they have blocked their own entrance into the site.There are still problems with the culvert and U/Welsh have said they will not accept responsability if there is flooding,they say it's the council who is responsable [we've checked and it's U/Welsh] also they have raised the bit where the refuge is going by a good 6/7 feet when infact they were suposed to dig down, so this thing will now not be 3-4 feet higher than the houses its now going to be a good 12feet higher [no, it's not going to stand out and it will blend in with the area- not!]Planning have said it's within their scope,so everyone remember this next time you put in for planning and you build 12ft higher tell them it's within your scope.United Welsh have been asked if a resident's meeting is called because of the problems if they would attend to address thing's and they have said NO!So it's official like we have said all along They Just Don't Care.Again i apologize for the length.

Cae

2413 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2010 :  22:53:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you tried any of the local papers Kay? It sounds like a nightmare. I saw one of the huge lorries trying 3 times to drive out of Woodfield.

Memories are made of these.....
www.tredegar.co.uk/starlight
Go to Top of Page

llanover

Australia
1095 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2010 :  22:55:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, you poor people! There must be someone who can help you, who can see these infringements for what they are! What about an Ombudsman or something? Try stirring things up with the help of the media?
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2142 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2010 :  23:16:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is crazy down here Cae, it's been like this nearly every day since they started [4 months ago now] even the working hours they are not sticking to,the council have told a resident the work hours are 8-5.30 mon-fri and they are still working at 6.30.Residents have rung the council to complain but each resident is told "we've had no other complaints,you are the first" [i know this because i have rung them myself and someone else rang them 5 mins after me from my house and was told oh you are the 1st to complain] and regarding the work hours all the council say is the contractors have said they are not working late and that's that [ we live here,we can see and hear them and we can tell the time].About the papers,we have tried to do things the nice/correct way by ringing the council and U/Welsh [like we were told to do, by them ,if we had problems]but they don't care one bit.Someone else said go to the papers too,maybe that is next option Cae and i'm glad you have seen it for yourself so at least you can see i'm not saying all of this for the fun of it.
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2142 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2010 :  23:29:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Llanover,the Ombudsman is investigating this already as someone made a complaint about a councillor and the way he voted at the site meeting [he voted for the development but his reasons were not on planning issues which is what they should have been]so we are still waiting for the outcome,but we are going to have to do something because at the moment they are getting away with murder,no one is stopping them, even planning is turning a blind eye.One thing i will say is that the site manager is very good,if you talk to him he will listen to you and try to explain things, we can't blame him,we know it's not his fault because he has a job to do for U/Welsh.
Go to Top of Page

swalk2855
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
176 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2010 :  01:35:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
go to the paper bad publicity is all they care about, im sure they would agree to a meeting then! as for the council get your neighbours together to re ring them but this time record all your conversations with them more ammo for the paper! the problem with these large organisations is they think theyre untouchable, get a petition going as well.i hope it gets sorted for you.x
Go to Top of Page

coop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2010 :  07:07:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kay
It might be a good idea to call a meeting anyway for all the residents to attend and all their Grievances can be heard and recorded legally also the papers could be invited and why stop at the local papers lets go all the way to the top, the welsh assembly members could also be invited. I am sure that someone is bound to respond. As for the power cuts they are becoming a regular thing now going off about once or twice a week only for a few minutes but going off which disrupts all my electrical items. Look forward to attending the meeting soon.
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2142 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2010 :  10:30:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are in a no win situation with this. The residents are having to put up with all of this and are getting no help from the council,the planning dept,U/Welsh and as for our so called councillor Mr Owen,well no one has seen or heard from him since he sent a few selected residents a sob letter [its a vunerable families unit now,a play with words,it was and always will be a Refuge] trying to save his job [not gonna work Jason,you did the damage by going against the residents and saying YES to all of this!!!!]He knows about the problems,has he been to see anyone---NO,has he done anything about the work on the culvert---NO,has he done anything about the lorries,all this is going on with school children-Georgetown and Comp- going by----NO. Yet if we complain to the papers,Hafan Cymru will respond by giving sob stories and play on people's sympathy so we look the bad guys again[ they have been doing this all through this]Yes B/Gwent needs a refuge but there were better sites on offer.We have said all along that this site is not suitable for all of this,it's too enclosed with bad access and so far we have been proven right on all accounts.
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2142 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  00:00:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Attended a meeting tonight with a few other residents [no not with United Welsh,don't be daft]can't say a lot at the moment but hopefully we will be getting answers and some help.When things are a bit clearer i will let you know. All i will say for now [i think they look on here] is thank you to the people involved for listening to us tonight and for offering us help and support.Hopefully we will have a few important question's answered soon.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13913 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  08:51:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi kay16,

Please let us know if I can do anything to help.

Pierre

kay16

2142 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  15:34:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for you offer Pierre,will let you know if thats ok? I understand that this is a very touchy subject to people regarding the refuge and speaking for myself [no other resident] the only people who i think can not be blamed for all of this mess is Hafan Cymru because all they have wanted is a refuge-don't care where they just want one.Whether you agree with it or not is not important but the way the resident have been treated and what we have had to put up with for the last 4 month,that is what matters now. The people i blame for the situation are 1-the executive committee,2-BGCBCouncil,3- United Welsh and 4-Trish Law [in some part].Members of the Exec Committee for moving this from a perfect site [well 2 sites really] in Ebbw Vale [personal reason's maybe,a little too close to their homes?] and Jason for not doing his job properly by representing the residents and for putting his own feeling/job first [not what he was elected to do]. BGCBC for keeping U/Welsh happy and letting them do exactly what they want.They are getting away with murder and the council have done nothing to stop it and for treating us like we are idiots[i can assure you we are not]. U/Welsh for thinking they can do exactly as they please and bu***r everyone else, the word untouchable comes to mind. They have said they will not even meet us to try and sort something out and lastly Trish Law because all she cared about was not loosing the funding for the refuge and she needed a site [any site] so she wouldn't lose the money never mind the consiquences for the residents regarding the culvert [i think her words were i'm not going to lose this funding no matter what]. All that's important now is trying to improve the situation for us,as a community,as quickly as possible and after this meeting last night there might just be a light at the end of this long,dark,horrible tunnel at last for us.Sorry for the long post again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.98 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.