Planning Permission
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Concerned

11 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  14:34:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to let you know what devious bunches they all seem to be, BGCBC as well as WWU. Roseland is the house on the site and large parts of its garden space has been included in the planning consent even though WWU told the owners the planning application was to exclude Roseland. They are expecting possible compulsory purchase moves from the Council. Yet in November 2008 the owners of Roseland were approached by WWU and had a meeting. The first words spoken by the WWU representative were he "had not come to discuss money" and later said that "WWU was not a charity" and he "was not prepared to horsetrade". All he wanted was an assurance from the owners of Roseland that they would not object to the planning applications. Once planning consent had been given there was the possibility that WWU might make an offer for Roseland. This was at the time that BGCBC had determined that the ground in Roseland was contaminated making the house worthless. BGCBC was also intent on finding the owners of Roseland as the Class B appropriate person responsible for the cost of remediation.
It just seems that WWU is not prepared to enter into negotiation with Roseland's owners to purchase but it may be relying on BCCBC to obtain the property "on the cheap" by compulsory purchase.
Go to Top of Page

Hatty

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  20:19:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So at least all these posts clarify my first comments in relation to planning permission. The buyers I lost seemed to know that the planning permission had gone through before it actually had been passed in February - how interesting - wonder how they knew that ? At least my house is not contaminated and thankfully still have interested buyers who are also aware of the potential development - thank goodness
Go to Top of Page

llanover

Australia
1095 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  20:28:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know of the Macquarie Group. I can't say here what I think of them! Put it this way.... as an example, they acquired Sydney Airport. The first thing that happened was car parking charges went through the roof. We now have the most expensive airport parking IN THE WORLD! They tried (might still be trying) to charge people for just dropping off passengers, tried to introduce strict "no stopping" zones all around the airport. They're just a money-grubbing bunch of...............
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2142 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  20:52:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Hatty i hope you don't think that i mislead you with my reply to your question back a few weeks ago as my reply was correct at the time. All this though with the planning application approval,land clearing etc seems to have happened very,very quickly. So is this WWU just clearing the land for selling [easier to sell with planning permission as most of the hard work done] or are they going to do the construction? That LDP plan i told you about i have also heard that the Mie [i know spelling is wrong] Field is also on it which i think is way out of order as the school use's that for sport's days i think.
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  20:58:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You Must mean The Mile Field...!!!!..Surely, I HOPE This isn't right..!!
Go to Top of Page

Hatty

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  21:07:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Kay I certainly dont think you misled me at all - I was very grateful for the information you gave me as you went to a lot of effort. I did not think I was being neglectful in not saying to my potential buyers about any potential houses as I honestly thought the application had fallen through. Others living nearby could not wait to put them in the picture - hence the failure of the particular sale which prompted the initiation of this link in the first place! Thankfully I am hopeful I will be able to secure a buyer in the near future. Thanks again Kay
Go to Top of Page

uncle bob

United Kingdom
2458 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  22:05:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Concerned

Just to let you know what devious bunches they all seem to be, BGCBC as well as WWU. Roseland is the house on the site and large parts of its garden space has been included in the planning consent even though WWU told the owners the planning application was to exclude Roseland. They are expecting possible compulsory purchase moves from the Council. Yet in November 2008 the owners of Roseland were approached by WWU and had a meeting. The first words spoken by the WWU representative were he "had not come to discuss money" and later said that "WWU was not a charity" and he "was not prepared to horsetrade". All he wanted was an assurance from the owners of Roseland that they would not object to the planning applications. Once planning consent had been given there was the possibility that WWU might make an offer for Roseland. This was at the time that BGCBC had determined that the ground in Roseland was contaminated making the house worthless. BGCBC was also intent on finding the owners of Roseland as the Class B appropriate person responsible for the cost of remediation.
It just seems that WWU is not prepared to enter into negotiation with Roseland's owners to purchase but it may be relying on BCCBC to obtain the property "on the cheap" by compulsory purchase.

it sound to me that they may be more than a little personal interest in this site for councilors?
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2142 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  22:42:32 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep Fredd sorry i spelt it wrong, anyway the field at the top of Fields Road.It's on the list as well as the land the ambulance station is built on like i said before.Uncle Bob it would be nice to know which councillors were in this planning meeting and passed it if you get my drift!!! I'm just fed up of every single scrap of land down here being turned in to a housing estate when we desperately need car parking down here for kidzrus,orpheus,church,school,shop,snooker hall and that land was perfect for it but i guess you don't make any money out of that do you?
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  22:56:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I, suppose We Must Look at the Big Picture Here !! Who's Going to move into these Dozens of New Houses....? ?
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2142 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  23:11:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More to the point Fredd how the hell are they going to get to these houses if we have one flake of snow as that bend at the bottom by the Firs and the hill is a bu**er in the winter as i know as most of them up there park their cars down in front of my house [so we got nowhere to park then!!]
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  23:18:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's My Point, But they'd probably make it one way
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  23:25:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously from the top ( Hilltop )to the bottom .. It Sounds Horrible To Me..!!
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2142 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  00:50:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One way i don't think would work as they have already tried to turn Ashville [back of the school],Oakfield [front of the school] and Fields Road into a one way system because of the problems with traffic around the school but when they looked in to it further it would have been impossible for the rubbish lorry etc to get around the streets so they scrapped that idea.
Go to Top of Page

AshleyM

United Kingdom
143 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  01:22:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this is a little off topic, whats happening to the flats behind Family Vision whre the George used to be? Why do these companies need to build housing where theres a shell already up that needs tlc and get tha completed?

Find me at: http://www.tredegar.co.uk/icommunity/ashnet
Go to Top of Page

Concerned

11 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  10:01:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fredd

You Must mean The Mile Field...!!!!..Surely, I HOPE This isn't right..!!

BGCBC website showed Mile End Field, Georgetown as Site Ref. A27 on the Candidate Site Register Index for the Local Development Plan in Nov. 2008. It was proposed as Residential with a site area of 2.8 Ha. I do not know who the proposer was but I presume the landowner (BGCBC???).
I can no longer find this register on the BGCBC website so it was fortunate that I printed a copy.

Go to Top of Page

kay16

2142 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  10:59:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AshleyM i'm sure i read it in the G/Gazette in the property pages a few weeks ago that the site/building/flats [whatever it is now] is up for auction at either the end of this month or sometime next month. Yet again this is another site that we asked about regarding where to put this refuge as at the time i think the owner had gone bust and wanted to sell the half built site as he couldn't finish it which would have been perfect as it was going to be flats anyway but again we had a big,fat,loud-No.
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2142 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  21:29:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was told today that Tred Town Council did put in an objection for planning to be granted on the gas works site and yet again BGCBC/Planning disregarded their wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Hatty

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2011 :  14:15:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard yesterday that Melin have got the site. Apparently they provide affordable houses - which means that the people who buy have a mortgage but only pay 70% of the cost of the house. If when they sell they and the property has increased in value - they only get 70% back. These are designed to allow low income families or first time on the ladder property owners to be able to purchase. There are also some social housing mixed in with it - as there are with every new developments now. Either way - its still putting people off buying my house !!
Go to Top of Page

mrbigbeak
Advanced Member

222 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2011 :  21:14:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have been a member of these forums for months now just browsing to find out i am one of the most disliked people on here, i am not drug addict, alcoholic or some pervert YES i am a social housing tenant, i am constantly surprised and felt i have to reply to this latest post, despite what a lot of members of this forum think social housing tenants are not all bad as portrayed within in this forum, i for one am glad united welsh are building new houses for people who can't afford to get on the property ladder, are "poor people" not allowed a resonable quality of life? i hate to say this but Tredegar is not the prettiest of places to live, is it social housings fault that the town is dying? I mean after all if local people used their local shops then Tredegar town center wouldnt be in the state it's in, if i lived in Tredegar which i will be doing in May i would be glad of new people coming to live in Tredegar, hopefully they will breathe new life into to Tredegar that has been needed for some time, to come on here and see some of the posts is depressing, to me it's like they can have social housing as long as its not in tredegar, COME ON get over yourselves. Dont get me wrong there will be some bad eggs Within Social & private housing United Welsh have a legal resposiblity to house a certain percentage of people with problems such as drugs and alochol related illnesses i'm just here to say that we are not all bad and that i for one am looking forward to moving in Tredegar and help in anyway i can to get Tredegar back to it's good old days, saying that if it was the same attitude then as it is now i think i will forget it.
Go to Top of Page

Hatty

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2011 :  21:36:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with you totally. I was just pointing out that it puts some people off. I have moved from the area now and have bought another new property. Next door to me is affordable housing - as there has to be a third built on every new development. I have got no issue with it at all - if I did I wouldnt have moved in here !!. I lost my original sale on my house in Tredegar as my buyer (a Pasteur of a local church) felt that he didnt want to live so close to a site that had social housing - which is total nonsense. I have also lost a further interest due to the same reason. I know social housing is usually far more regulated than private rented properties - I think a lot of people have an issue with the way that little consultation for any development ever takes place in Tredegar and when it does the concerns are not listened to at all.I for one have no issue with social housing as hopefully I have illustrated
Go to Top of Page

mrbigbeak
Advanced Member

222 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2011 :  21:54:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes but is that not the fault of the planning rather than the social housing firm, like i said hopefully with all this new housing in Tredegar it will kick start a revival within the area, as for the pasteur god does certinally move in mysterious ways lol. Yes i do agree that consultation should be better but what can you expect if OUR own Council dont listen to us why would United Welsh, it's been over a year now that i have known we would be moving to Tredegar and its been 6 months since we should've moved in its frustrating as hell, hopefully though the end is in sight and By the middle of May we will be in.

Edited by - mrbigbeak on 14/03/2011 21:57:23
Go to Top of Page

uncle bob

United Kingdom
2458 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2012 :  21:26:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i like most people around the old gas works site have had a booklet from wales and west utilities spelling out what is to happen at the site,it is mostly an environmental project to clean up the site,
it makes no plans for housing or a car park for kids r us
the site had been allowed to go back to nature,however there were many nasty byproducks produced in the gas making process including arsnic and other bad stuff,this will take a lot of clearing up and a very costly job toboot. the booklet has on its cover a great old photograph on it's cover showin the 3 gas storage tanks.
I have emailed wales and west for permission to reproduce the photo to put on the site but with no reply, i will try phoning for permission.
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2012 :  14:34:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My views maybe are not the same as yours, that's why all people are different.

I have no problems with social housing or part owned and yes all people need a home to live in and like America we are one of the richest countries in the world and have some of the worst living conditions in the world.

Now for the part that might offend some.

When hard working law abiding people are struggling to run there home pay off a hefty mortgage and go without many of the good things in life they would like to have and then see people move into a brand new house with a near new car and watch all the high tech thing go in on moving day is it any wonder they get peeved.

Now, as for social/low price housing and more people bringing in prosperity to the town its a bit of a myth as if these people are so poor that they are unable to purchase a house they are unlikely to be spending a lot of money in the local shops, and if they are/do then maybe the should have brought a house and aloud a poor person Th have moved into social housing.

Well some may call me a NIMBY and yes to a point I am but its to late for me as when I moved to where we are it was quiet and open now we have houses around us, we were told it would only be good for us and improve the area and increase house prices. I only say how wrong they were and how its affected the quality of our life that we thought we were going to have and will now possibly be moving on again to what we wanted and thought we had found.

Whose fault is it ? well when push come to shove its the greed of the developers, planning and yes even the people that move into these homes as you only need one bad apple to spoil the fruit bowl full.

The

G.O.M.

Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5393 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  07:49:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning GOM ,i haven't got nothing against houses being rented out if they can't sell ,but what amazes me is that people have these big posh houses ,rent getting paid for them they suppose to be poor yet the cars that are parked in the driveways are cars i can only dream of ,not working ,well whats going on ? Can you answer it ,cos it would be interesting to know ,don't forget these cars don't run on fresh air and i asume they would be very expensive to insure ...is there a money tree in their garden or what................
Go to Top of Page

milkman

United Kingdom
1645 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  19:51:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cupcake- Those are excellent points.
What staggers me also is that many of the people who fiddle appear to be unable to speak English properly. Either they are helped by "friends" within the benefits system or there are organised groups who know the ropes.
On the subject of building social housing. I seem to recall that the council are demolishing or boarding up houese at Cefn Golau. They dont need new houses built for them if there are houses there already.
We have social housing not far from us. The crazy part is that the council has to import people to fill them since we dont have the need.
Would be funny if it wasnt tragic
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.