kidz r us
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bobd

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  11:09:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the pleasure of compering the recent fund raising concert at Tredegar Orpheus Music Centre (26 / 05/ 06)at which Kidz R Us were our special guests. I was again, very impressed at the confidence, eagerness & polish displayed by the performers. Diane & her crew are mentors in the real sense of the word to these children & young people. The impact on these youngsters of being involved with such a wonderful organisation will have long lasting positive effects on their future lives. The community of Tredegar should feel justifiably proud of Kidz R Us, especially at a time when there is so much bad press concerning the activities of an increasingly evident disrespectful / disruptive youth culture.Keep up the good work Diane, Tredegar needs more organisations like Kidz R Us.

Cae

2409 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  11:35:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do think the media tend to concentrate on the bad things regarding today's youth- yes there is more disrespect amongst some youth - I say that having been on the receiving end of some of it- but they don't tend to print the positive things that some youth do- and I'm aiming that at a nationwide level.If a paper prints a good story about a child it tends to get lost amongst the pages of bad press about other children. The good are out there- but the bad usually seem to get all the attention!
Go to Top of Page

Kidz-R-Us

31 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  22:47:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thankyou so much for your kind words. All who are involved in Kidz-R-Us know that the society is just what the kidz of Tredegar need but it is so nice to hear it from others, I will certainly pass this on to Diane. The children thoroughly enjoyed working with the Orpheus and are looking forward to doing so again on 23rd of June, this time in aid of Woffington House. Go Rob! Go Rob! Go Rob! (you had to have been there!!)
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13899 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  22:50:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done all involved.

Your a credit to all the children & people of the town.........
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.