Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

uncle bob

United Kingdom
2458 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2011 :  19:22:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i feel it very strange and unlike tesco if it intends to open a store in tredegar not to have signs everywhere stating where the store will be and when it will open,
has anyone seen a tesco notice? nor me!
a lot of talk localy and on this website but no official notice anywhere not even on the empty building where it's supposed to be going..............strange?

chris98

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2011 :  22:38:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tesco is going into Aldi with Home Bargens the lease for home bargens was sined today the store is being split 60/40 tesco has sined the lease the contractors wiil start work in the next week tue morning meeting in the aldi store will know when work will start contractors are given 6/8 weeks before shop fitters are on site if you want any more info uncle bob call in the shopping centre and see me
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  00:06:55 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
60/40 What sort of Tesco is it going to be Mi- Nute
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5396 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  06:56:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why did they shut Tesco s in the first place ?
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2142 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  12:57:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi cupcake, they closed the town stores in both Tred and Ebbw because they built the bigger store that is now in Ebbw, no point in keeping 2 smaller stores when you can have 1 big one with a bigger choice of items.
Go to Top of Page

chris98

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  13:09:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tesco express tesco closed in tredegar as new store opened in ebbu vale same time as in blackwood closed new store opened in yestad mynach
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5396 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  13:59:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks kay and chris.......can t wait for The Home Bargains ...love the shop !
Go to Top of Page

fizz

1797 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  11:15:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There were workmen in the old Aldis this morning. Hopefully our new shops are finally on the way.:]
Go to Top of Page

chris98

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  15:50:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
contractors started this morning will be about 8 weeks before shopfitters go in
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5396 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2011 :  11:22:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw them busy working this morning ........fingers crossed !
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13913 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2011 :  17:15:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
COME ON

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2011 :  17:45:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What I noticed over the weekend was that there was No work going on there, but on the other hand at Lidls there was a Serious amount of work going on ......
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13913 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  20:41:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Noticed they have placed a fence around the bulding now :-)

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  20:51:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I Noticed the fence this morning i dont think i saw it yesterday ??
Go to Top of Page

chris98

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  22:02:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
been up since thursday
Go to Top of Page

bigpappa

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  23:17:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
isnt it going to be the beginning of november
Go to Top of Page

chris98

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  23:31:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there is more contractors on site mon will let you know when shopfitters on site should be about 6 weeks should be open before xmas will keep you updated
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5396 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2011 :  09:21:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So do anyone know what Tesco s this i going to be ?
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2011 :  09:33:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well cupcake I think it might be a shop----------- might even sell a few things like milk,eggs,bread,butter, and who knows washing up liquid.

The

G.O.M.

Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2011 :  09:41:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you read up the page Cupcake , Chris98 tells us its going to be a Tesco's Express
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5396 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2011 :  10:15:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks fredd ,the other Tescos you had was a Tesco Express was it ?Hi GOM how are you haven t seen you on line for a while , Cupcake
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2011 :  13:46:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi cupcake I'm good thank you and thank you for asking xxx trust you and yours are well. Iv been around mind I have been nursing my wounds from the car repairs lol.

The

G.O.M.

Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5396 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2011 :  15:55:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same here GOM ,between car ,computer messing up on me ....the list is so endless ,just come back from Asda s gosh the prices on everyday items has just rocketed ,lot of the cheap brands in my house at the moment lol
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  12:58:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheap brands I know what your saying BUT have you noticed that how the cheap brands are running out leaving empty spaces? I'm sure there's a bit of a con going on here --------- if there are NO cheap cans left you will have to buy the brands so asda, tescos and the like never loose out.

The
G
O
M

Ps next time you see me in asda the coffee's on me.

Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5396 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  15:28:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi GOM funny you should say that i did see a lot of spaces where the cheap brands suppose to be ,i did buy some bits in the pound shop earlier K.P. crisps 20p a pack and they do some good household things too
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2142 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2011 :  18:59:55 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well with the work going on in both the new Tesco/H/Bargain store and in Lidl surely this can only be good for town as we will have two shiny new stores in time for xmas.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.