Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

carol mary
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
369 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2011 :  21:26:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
popped over lidl in merthyr this evening, while checking out i asked about the progress of tredegar store. i was told they are 3 weeks behind in work and the store wont be open as expected
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5386 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2011 :  21:22:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi chris someone was telling me today that its going to be a Tesco but not a Tesco Express ,is this true ? Thanks Cupcake .
Go to Top of Page

bigpappa

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2011 :  01:46:32 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it will be an express store
Go to Top of Page

uncle bob

United Kingdom
2458 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2011 :  03:45:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tesco Express stores are neighbourhood convenience shops averaging 2,200 square feet (200 m2), stocking mainly food with an emphasis on higher-margin products (due to small store size, and the necessity to maximise revenue per square foot) alongside everyday essentials. They are found in busy city centre districts, small shopping precincts in residential areas, small towns and villages and on Esso petrol station forecourts. The 1000th Tesco Express site opened in July 2009. Tesco have now started building Tesco Express stores with only 'Assisted-Service' tills, in which the customer scans all their own shopping and packs it, with the support of supervising staff when required.

Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2011 :  09:47:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that's gong to work here then. It's expensive and the older mind young to just don't want the serve yourself (I don't) -----give it a year and that will be the end of that.

The

G.O.L

Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5386 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2011 :  10:00:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks bigpappa and ub ,so is this type of Tesco going to be a lot dearer then the bigger Tescos ?
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2011 :  12:35:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What amazes me is the amount of time it takes to convert a shop that's already there, ( and Lidls ), The Huge Tesco Superstore in Risca was built, and up and running in virtually no time......
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5386 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2011 :  11:46:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They working hard on Tesco s ,heard they working through the night to get Lidl s done .....don t know how true this is .
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5386 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  14:33:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two workmen from Lidls told me this morning they had to go and buy jeans ,because the shorts they were wearing were unsuitable ....Health and Safety Rules ...they must be sweating
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  19:33:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I Must Say that Lidls is starting to look pretty Damn Good at the moment..!!
Go to Top of Page

oldcefnlad
Advanced Member

655 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  19:40:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pity they won't open more tills would look even better them.
Go to Top of Page

Samstan

828 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  07:23:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Change the record! We get it, you don't like Lidl's till policy. So don't shop there! Leave the rest of us to queue if we wish and if you choose to you can spend half as much again to buy the same thing from Tesco Express rather than Lidl.
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  09:05:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I (the G.O.L) have been in Lidl's and there has been a short queue they have rung the bell and opened another till cant see what all the fuss is about.

The

G.O.L.

Go to Top of Page

oldcefnlad
Advanced Member

655 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  09:21:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't you dare get me started on ringing the bell, don't you dare if you move to the other till the assiant takes a week and half to come while the other que with people who were behind are waving to you as they leave the shop.

Edited by - oldcefnlad on 05/10/2011 09:22:29
Go to Top of Page

oldcefnlad
Advanced Member

655 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  09:34:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Comment removed.

Admin.
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  09:43:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rather a raciest comment I think there.

Maybe I'm just the lucky person but iv never had a problem, and the staff have been nothing but helpful to me maybe its my shining blue eyes and my glamours looks that does the trick.

THE
G.O.L.

Go to Top of Page

oldcefnlad
Advanced Member

655 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  09:59:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
God help them if you did have with them you bad enough with us lot on here.
Go to Top of Page

gjj43
Advanced Member

324 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  18:21:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samstan

Change the record! We get it, you don't like Lidl's till policy. So don't shop there! Leave the rest of us to queue if we wish and if you choose to you can spend half as much again to buy the same thing from Tesco Express rather than Lidl.

Well said Samstan! whinge whinge whinge Nobodys forcing you to go there! Gives it a rest.
Go to Top of Page

oldcefnlad
Advanced Member

655 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  18:32:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not having a whinge just telling the likes of you how it is.

Oh by the way did the aliens forget to remove your anal probe.
Go to Top of Page

gjj43
Advanced Member

324 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  18:56:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oldcefnlad

Not having a whinge just telling the likes of you how it is.

Oh by the way did the aliens forget to remove your anal probe.

Mmmm, now thats funny
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  19:15:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steady on there OCL your getting more vitriolic than me or at least as one or two seem to think I am, after all its just shopping and most of us have to do it and get the best deals we can and if it turns out we have to wait in a little queue to save money then so be it, mind if your time is so important and you can afford to pay extra well lucky you.

The

G.O.M.

Go to Top of Page

oldcefnlad
Advanced Member

655 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  19:25:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its not all just about the wait its the galling way a big firm like lidls have just one till open even at busy times.

And they have the cheek to call it good customer srevice, gets my danda up they do.

Go to Top of Page

Snowy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
542 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  21:31:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We can see !!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

oldcefnlad
Advanced Member

655 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  21:36:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well lets hope this Mandy sort can see and gets it sorted.

I want 2 tills opened at all times.
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  21:42:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snowy

We can see !!!!!!!!!!

....... Exactly We can ..!!!! [;)..
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.91 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.