New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

oldcefnlad
Advanced Member

655 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  21:49:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Surprised you can see anything fredd but don't worry at your age your eyes won't get much worse.
Go to Top of Page

morris1975

United Kingdom
1286 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  22:25:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sung to the tune of Oasis' "Little by Little":

Shopping at Lidl's
Quality goods at bargain prices

Shopping at Lidl's
There may be a queue but the food is nice there
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2140 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  22:36:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will say that i ruddy hate Tesco [too flipping expensive] and won't shop there unless they have an offer on that i want and with Lidl i only go there if they have a good offer on a Sun/Thurs or i forgot something in Asda but just because i don't like them doesn't mean i don't think it's good for town and exactly what we need,especially for all the older people who never wanted them to close years ago/can't drive.
The only problem's i can see maybe is that people have got so used to Lidl that they will stay loyal to them or some will change,try them for a few weeks but if Tesco is more expensive than Lidl then they will go back because as Tesco say every penny counts. Also it all depends if it's going to have all self-service tills [did hear this somewhere but can't remember where] or staffed tills as i don't think older people will like that idea.
Either way with 2 lovely new stores it can hopefully bring back people to town who would be in Ebbw Tesco or Morrisons so best of luck to both of them. Oh I also think it was very nice of Mandy to keep everyone informed about what's happening with Lidl and always found staff more helpful in Lidl whenever i've been in there than ever in Tesco in both Ebbw and Merthyr.
Go to Top of Page

carol mary
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
369 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  23:04:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im lucky enough 2 own a car, so i visit all of them for the offers & bargains. i realy miss lidl tho i used 2 treat it like a corner shop for milk & bread.. the staff there are 1st class, if you ever wanted 2 return anything theres no nonsence or quibble,, a lovely bunch fair play :)
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  23:08:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carol mary

im lucky enough 2 own a car, so i visit all of them for the offers & bargains. i realy miss lidl tho i used 2 treat it like a corner shop for milk & bread.. the staff there are 1st class, if you ever wanted 2 return anything theres no nonsence or quibble,, a lovely bunch fair play :)

.... Your Right Carol 1st Class ..!!......
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2140 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  23:13:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anything i really miss Kwick Save as i used to do a lot of shopping in there at all times of the day/evening.
I'm an Asda shopper mainly but like yourself Carol Mary if the offers are good in Morrisons or i'm short on time i will go there for a few things.
Go to Top of Page

oldcefnlad
Advanced Member

655 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  23:20:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sung to the tune of Barry Manilows " Mandy "

Well you opened you new store we were waiting

you had one till opened today , oh Mandy

you will miss me,queing up i am hating

i'm off to tesco with my pay, oh Mandy

Edited by - oldcefnlad on 05/10/2011 23:23:26
Go to Top of Page

morris1975

United Kingdom
1286 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  23:48:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very good ocl very good indeed ;-).

Edited by - morris1975 on 05/10/2011 23:48:49
Go to Top of Page

tommysmith04

148 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2011 :  12:08:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was in Lidl this morning and the two tills were on !! The shop looks nice. It will be nice to have some more shops open in the town. More shops more people!
Go to Top of Page

ken sully
Advanced Member

324 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2011 :  13:09:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anything i really miss Kwick Save as i used to do a lot of shopping in there at all times of the day/evening.
I'm an Asda shopper mainly but like yourself Carol Mary if the offers are good in Morrisons or i'm short on time i will go there for a few things.

AND YOU GO ON ABOUT THE TOWN

kdsullivan
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2140 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2011 :  14:09:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Ken i go on about town because if and it's a big massive if with the state of town as it is, if they had a good size supermarket here and no offence to Lidl but you can't get everything you want in there so you end up going to Asda/Morrisons but i've only done this since Kwick Save shut as when it was open i did the majority of my shopping there [both day time and evening] where you could pick-up most brands, also when Lidl first opened i did a lot of shopping there but like i said as i couldn't get everything there i ended up going to Asda too and that's the way it has stayed unfortunatly. That is why i thought Tesco coming was a great idea to get people into town and even though i don't like them i will use it as it will be easier to shop there than take a 10 min journey to somewhere else.
But please Ken tell me a reason for me to go to town now?
A few years ago i used to go up about 2/3 times a week and every Sat,went to the bank and building society,had my lunch in the Europa then went and did some shopping in Kwick Save [ years before that spent a lot of time and money in the indoor market on meat,veg,fish,sweets, everything you need for a few day's],everything i needed was there but now---nothing, no bank or b/society,no market, no supermarket selling every day brands all equals no reason to go town for me at least.
Go to Top of Page

ken sully
Advanced Member

324 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2011 :  19:14:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and we all went out of town

kdsullivan
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2140 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2011 :  20:24:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So in other words NO,you can't think of a reason for me to go to town either then Ken?
Go to Top of Page

mrbigbeak
Advanced Member

222 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  09:41:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well lets hope with the introduction of tesco, home bargains and profile that it will encourage other stores to open in Tredegar,
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  10:15:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I miss picking up special offers, when Tesco and Kwik save were open you could cherry pick the offers around town, but unless you're passing, travel to Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys and even morrisons costs more than the savings
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2140 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  16:39:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On this Mrbigbeak we are in agreement [hallelujah lol].
With Tesco and H/Bargins now in town soon i will have more of a reason to go even if it's once a week that's once more than i do now.
ddraig you are right about the offers. I used to get the meat offers in Kwick Save but now i get them in asda [3 4 10]and instead of going 2/3 times a week i try to go just once.
The other thing is that when i'm there i normally get petrol and money from the ATM to save time but i noticed in last weeks G/Gazette that Tesco have applied for planning to put an ATM in here too which means that you don't have to walk to HSBC now [not far i know but to some it's a hassle].
Go to Top of Page

ken sully
Advanced Member

324 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  18:35:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so kay is comeing back to town then

kdsullivan
Go to Top of Page

ken sully
Advanced Member

324 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  18:38:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
will the rest now come back

kdsullivan
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2140 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  18:46:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Ken if it brings even one person into town that one for the better and not another one lost maybe forever.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13893 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  13:25:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Works on-going at Tesco

chris98

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  17:01:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can I put photo's on here ?
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13893 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  17:39:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi chris98,

If you e-mail them to me, I will place on the forum for you :-)

chris98

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  17:50:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
whats your e/mail i have pics of work in store
Go to Top of Page

chris98

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  18:09:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just e/mailed some pics of work in the store, the shopfitters should start in store on 14th nov.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13893 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2011 :  16:11:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks to chris98 for these photo's of the work being carried out for the new Tesco and Home Bargain stores in the Gwent Shopping Centre.....

Fantastic to see the place coming together

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.