New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

suzannediscodiva

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  10:53:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pierre

Many thanks to chris98 for these photo's of the work being carried out for the new Tesco and Home Bargain stores in the Gwent Shopping Centre.....

Fantastic to see the place coming together

Go to Top of Page

chris98

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  16:24:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
shop fitters for tesco on site from monday
Go to Top of Page

chris98

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2011 :  20:34:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TESCO the store opens in 3 weeks signs are outside tesco Home Bargains end of Jan Feb
Go to Top of Page

mrbigbeak
Advanced Member

222 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2011 :  23:53:14 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for keeping us informed Chris, hopefully there will be a double celebration after christmas then, me moving to tredegar after over a year and half waiting and the opening of home bargains although i dont hold up much hope my end lol
Go to Top of Page

vicky

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2011 :  18:41:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2nd December there open friends sisters got a job there, hope there's more jobs to come too
Go to Top of Page

fizz

1797 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2011 :  20:23:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah ha, I'm in the right place now (see gas works car park). Lots of bargains to be had later in the day at Tesco Express, so ive been told and I also hope theres more jobs to come :)
Go to Top of Page

chris98

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2011 :  23:38:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have been told tesco is takeing on 25 staff 2 full time the hours are 6am till 23pm.
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  08:58:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris98

i have been told tesco is takeing on 25 staff 2 full time the hours are 6am till 23pm.

I think that they would Transfer Ready Trained staff from Ebbw Vale and take the new ones on at Ebbw Vale for Training before the shop Opens
Go to Top of Page

carol mary
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
369 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  13:09:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
talking 2 a lot of the girls at ebbw tesco they wont be coming over because they have 2 sign new contracts for less hours & pay..
Go to Top of Page

bigpappa

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  16:56:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tesco will always employ from within other stores before taking on new staff , there has been notices for the vacancies in other stores for weeks and weeks
Go to Top of Page

carol mary
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
369 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  18:02:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know what you are saying bigpappa, but its the girls choice their selves not 2 come over due 2 the new contracts & less hours.. its only what i was told whike chatting 2 a few of them while checking out
Go to Top of Page

bigpappa

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  18:08:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea I know I work for Tesco in ebbw :)
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  18:30:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigpappa

Yea I know I work for Tesco in ebbw :)

.... This Tesco Tredegar Debate as been going on for a Long time now , But I can remember speaking to a Nice young Employee at EV telling Me that None of them wanted to work in Tredegar because of the lower hours, shifts system that was going to occur in Tesco Tredegar..??
Go to Top of Page

fizz

1797 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  19:01:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Fredd, my daughter had an interview with Tesco Tredegar and the interviewer told her that the jobs were for 9 hours only. He said they would rather give employment to more people with less hours than hire less people with more hours.
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  19:06:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fizz

Well Fredd, my daughter had an interview with Tesco Tredegar and the interviewer told her that the jobs were for 9 hours only. He said they would rather give employment to more people with less hours than hire less people with more hours.

...I Suppose that it looks Fabulous on paper that tesco are going to employ 25 people ......!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

fizz

1797 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  19:53:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you're right Fredd.
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2011 :  12:57:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They must be conlibs found a way to make the amount of jobs available look better than they really are.

The

G.O.M.

Go to Top of Page

tommysmith04

148 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2011 :  14:00:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its probably all to do with national minimum wage and jobs of around nine hours per week will be more appealing to younger people still in school. Rates are 6.08 21 & over. 4.98 18 to 20. and school age 16 & 17 its 3.68 per hour. Its still a good thing that tesco is coming back to tredegar and in time to come if its successfull it probably will create more jobs. But you are right if you had a familly and a house how can you manage on nine hours a week. It def looks better on paper than in real terms.
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2140 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2011 :  17:26:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So would it be a good guess to say that the 2 full time jobs are managers and that it's a possibility that they are already employed by Tesco anyway as i can't see how they would let 2 new employee's run a new store not unless they have be taken on and trained a few months ago.
Go to Top of Page

bigpappa

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2011 :  18:38:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Store manager, deputy manager, section managers, team leaders and then general assistants
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13902 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2011 :  20:19:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A picture taken today........

Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  09:15:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice to see the Signs Up and Illuminated over the weekend
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13902 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  10:30:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been told that its open this Friday?

Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  19:16:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice to See them Stacking Shelves in There
Go to Top of Page

chris98

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2011 :  09:26:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tesco opens 8am friday sign outside the shop
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.01 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.