William Davies musician
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lesleyann

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2011 :  18:28:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone in Canada with whom I share a distant twig on the family tree has discovered that he had a relative who was born in Tredegar and was a well-known musician and organist. He is keen to learn more about him but I can't find out anything. I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on it. He was William John Rees Davies - sometimes Davis - and was born in 1880. He married Elizabeth Maude Spencer in Pontypridd in 1911 and he died in 1962. I'd be grateful if anyone has any scrap of information about William.

Lesleyann

indarkistplumstead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
324 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  14:10:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello lesleyann i'm not having a pop but was this an early form of the spencer davis group
Go to Top of Page

Lesleyann

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2011 :  17:22:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suppose someone had to say it! I'm beginning to think our William was a figment of someone's imagination.
By the way, you're giving your age away there.

Lesleyann
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

55 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2011 :  23:09:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a relative of William John Rees Davis. His father was William Albert Davis. My father was a cousin of WJR Davis. WJR was the organist of Christchurch, Ebbw Vale. Look forward to hearing from you.
Go to Top of Page

Lesleyann

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  12:22:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much. I've sent you an e mail.

Lesleyann
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.