General Discussion and MAD HOUSE
 Tumble Dryers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cupcake

5393 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2011 :  10:21:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me are tumble dryers expensive to run ,some say they are ,some say they not ,so any advice anyone ...thanks Cupcake .

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13913 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2011 :  10:31:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I would say quite expensive!

cupcake

5393 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2011 :  10:49:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks pierre was going to go and buy one don t think i ll bother now lol.....Cupcake
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1715 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2011 :  11:46:55 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't be without mine Cupcake, I don't use it if I can dry outdoors and I do watch the weather with that in mind but I would rather use it than have my house full of wet clothes on radiators, I have a condenser which is great as you don't have to have it vented.
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5393 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2011 :  12:13:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well ddraig thats a good point too ,i hate drying clothes on the radiators .
Go to Top of Page

Cloud-Collector
Advanced Member

204 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2011 :  14:34:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's getting that anything that runs on electricity is expensive to run but sensible use of a tumble dryer and making a considered choice of which one to buy, can give you convenience and a source of heat in the home.
I've had a Zanussi condenser tumble dryer for the last 5 yrs, I don't consider it too expensive to run and it's usually on twice a week. It's brilliant for sheets, duvet covers and towels but the secret is to make sure that the items are spun on the highest capacity your washing machine can manage and of course if you remove things from the dryer as soon as it finishes it cuts down on ironing. With a condenser dryer it blows warm air back into the kitchen too !

Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5393 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2011 :  16:07:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Cloud-Collector....interesting post ,you are right about the electric,Cupcake.
Go to Top of Page

peterpan
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
450 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2011 :  22:02:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We would not do without ours, its lasted for years, combined with sunny days, clothes horse and radiators they are well worth having especially for towels, they come out soooo soft
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5393 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  11:15:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by peterpan

We would not do without ours, its lasted for years, combined with sunny days, clothes horse and radiators they are well worth having especially for towels, they come out soooo soft

Thanks peterpan ,i m going to have a long think about all whats been said by everyone ,Cupcake .
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  12:35:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well as you all know i'm a tight grumpy well you know and you are aware of the G.O.L even her shoes squeak louder than mine lol, but she wouldn't be without hers mind I still get to trip over the cloths horse and quite often see the dog running about with bits of clothing on his back where hes run through it.

So no get one and even more importantly (if you haven't one already and I don't mean your hubby) a dish washer.

The

G.O.M

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.