New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2011 :  20:59:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

cupcake

5396 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  11:34:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for showing this photograph fredd ,my friends two brothers are on there ,they told me Mr Davies s children went to their Sunday School.Did they live in Dukestown and does anyone know where Mrs Davies went ,thank you .
Go to Top of Page

Daleks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  13:55:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hilling Davies lived in Twyn Star and his widow Rita remarried Hilling's cousin Clarewood (?) Roberts. I think they moved away to the south coast possibly Bournemouth. Hilling's family were known locally as "Davies the Star" owing to the fact that they kept the Star Inn Dukestown. Incidentally I recognise a second cousin of mine Brian Brooks on the extreme right of the left group.

quote:
Originally posted by cupcake

Thanks for showing this photograph fredd ,my friends two brothers are on there ,they told me Mr Davies s children went to their Sunday School.Did they live in Dukestown and does anyone know where Mrs Davies went ,thank you .

Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5396 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  15:33:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Daleks i will past the info on ,Cupcake .
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  17:55:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Photo was taken at the Van-hool coach builders in Belgium in approximately 1973/74 it was a new coach that had just been completed for Hilling and the group were having a tour of the factory
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2011 :  22:20:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tredegar Haulage Contractor Gerald Cotton, is standing outside the door of the Coach..
Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2011 :  10:25:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a young uncle bob on there to?

Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  21:55:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apparently the men on the right hand side of the photo , starting with the man with the light coloured coat, were along for the trip were from the department of transport , Except the Well Known Tredegar Man, at the time , who's face
can be seen behind the man, with the Light coloured coat
Go to Top of Page

uncle bob

United Kingdom
2458 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  23:30:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tarkus

Is there a young uncle bob on there to?

no claim to fame it's not me
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1984 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  16:45:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dig the flaired trousers,we thought we were the bees knees back then thank goodness that style didnt last too long, i think i donated mine for my boys guy fawkes
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  21:52:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hilling Was Probably the Trendiest Person on this photo.... He was wearing Oxford Bags..Respect..!!!
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  19:30:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fredd

Apparently the men on the right hand side of the photo , starting with the man with the light coloured coat, were along for the trip were from the department of transport , Except the Well Known Tredegar Man, at the time , who's face
can be seen behind the man, with the Light coloured coat

The Man's face you can see over his shoulder is Alf Parfitt who was from Earl St
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.