Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

margaret briggs
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
195 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2015 :  13:04:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In answer to cloud collector asking how much it is costing the tax payer: When the council rep called to Bill Harry Court with the sample trolleyboc he said it was a grant the council that hadpaid for them.

We have just had 10 delivered to the scheme but with 41 flats this is no way enough. Also as the flats at Bill Harry are individual flats not under one roof, we are spread out so how they expect aged people to drag them to the recycling area I haven't a clue.

MARGARET

Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2618 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2015 :  13:42:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Again Margaret that would have been identified had the council done a feasibility and risk analysis exercise.
Go to Top of Page

Peregrine Honeydew

United Kingdom
1136 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2015 :  15:08:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well just received my Trollymajig and I must say I was wrong, It would be useless for fishing.
As the sides of the contraption are open to the elements, it's going to be like a fast food outlet for pests. Whoever designed it must be a wasp lover. They love old cans and bottles, manna from heaven. I don't usually complain on here, but this is a right load of Cods'. Letter to the council coming up. Won't hold my breath for a reply.

As for being paid for by a grant, where does the rep' think grant money comes from? Doh!

Go to Top of Page

eddiejen
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
176 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2015 :  07:35:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/13438896.Recycling_changes_see__Troliblocs__rolling_out_across_Blaenau_Gwent/

DONT FORGET 3 WEEKLY BIN COLLECTION !!

Drop your AM an email with your comments

Alun.Davies@assembly.wales
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1702 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2015 :  13:39:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I've just had my trolithingy, it's very big (I think) and not easy to Move around (I managed to run over my foot)
Frequently asked questions link off FB
http://www.blaenau-gwent.gov.uk/documents/Facebook_Troliboc_FAQs.pdf

Go to Top of Page

hawkeye
Advanced Member

321 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2015 :  17:28:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Received ours in Park Hill......what a waste of money and they look disgusting sat in the front gardens. Darn heavy too! I'll never get all my plastic recycling in the box provided but I'd better not complain just in case they send me another one and then I won't get in the front door!!!
Go to Top of Page

billk
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
156 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2015 :  22:26:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I rarely put out recycling bags but take them to the recycling depot at waun y pound to save storing in my garden do you suggest I get fined (on your bike) mate this is a democratic country not a communist one
Go to Top of Page

uncle bob

United Kingdom
2458 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2015 :  23:54:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddiejen

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/13438896.Recycling_changes_see__Troliblocs__rolling_out_across_Blaenau_Gwent/

DONT FORGET 3 WEEKLY BIN COLLECTION !!

Drop your AM an email with your comments

Alun.Davies@assembly.wales

I remember that we once had daily rubbish collections,
My How things change
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1702 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2015 :  16:01:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's already a slug in it and it's empty, what chance do I have of keeping it slug free when there's recycling in it?

Go to Top of Page

bonnie12

United Kingdom
133 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2015 :  19:38:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ours is almost too wide to wheel through our teeny front garden, through gate and then outside my kitchen door, in my equally teeny back yard I have 1 wheels bin (huge), one trolliboc thing, 1 old recycling box that I keep my blue bag in then a steel dustbin I keep my white bag in. Then there's my green food bin........it's like a mini recycling plant under my kitchen window!!!
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2140 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2015 :  22:18:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had mine delivered this afternoon and I must say it's a flipping hideous thing. I can totally understand the comments from everyone on here and agree that an 80 yr person with steps at the front of the property doesn't stand a hope in hell and as for wheeling that thing through your house every week because you have no back entrance and no front garden well forget that. Only time will tell if this is an improvement but at the moment it looks more hassle than it's worth and I think it will discourage people to recycle not encourage .I'm with everyone else on this,the bag system works great for me too.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13895 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2015 :  22:30:03 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those asking, here is what we are on about!

Go to Top of Page

nineteenten
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
264 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2015 :  22:54:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are any councillors reading these comments if they are they just don't care, or are in hiding.
Come on you councillors stand up and be counted, and earn your money that you take without any shame.

Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1966 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2015 :  11:00:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many of our neighbours have had their boxes collected because we have too many steps to our houses to use them safely.They are now waiting to be issued with alternative containers but nobody knows what these will be!!!!! I went down the alternative route and asked for assisted collection and have been told I will receive instructions on this in September.Watch this space!!!!!!!!?!l
Go to Top of Page

fizz

1797 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2015 :  19:19:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
has anyone else noticed that the two bottom boxes without lids have gaps all the way around them when they are in the trolley. This means flies able to lay eggs in them in the warm weather plus rain!
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2140 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2015 :  19:43:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did just mention about the gaps to my other half. It's bad enough mixing glass with cardboard as any drops of liquid left in the glass container/bottle will make the cardboard wet/soggy and rain can get in the gaps. Also looks like a family member is going to have to ring the council to take theirs back as it's too wide to get through their back gate. Anyone else had this problem?
Go to Top of Page

billk
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
156 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2015 :  21:07:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In response to the above letter stating the recycling rate is 58% then can someone explain why on the board on the right hand side on exiting the recycling centre reads 64% and that was on Monday 20/July.
Looks like the council either has serious communication issues or a figure is plucked out of the air for display purposes and make them look good.
Go to Top of Page

nineteenten
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
264 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2015 :  22:41:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone mentioned adout people living in a terrace house,they would have to be wheeled through the inside of the house in the pouring rain which would leave marks like formula one. ! ! !
not in my house, bgcbc you can shove them you know where ?
Go to Top of Page

peterpan
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
450 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2015 :  22:21:03 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Firstly, Lets give it a chance. Its emptied every week. Wheel marks through house-Yes, makes a change from water blobs from sacks, Slugs--Yes, we will be building a family unlike the sacks which were getting rid of the beggers. negotiating steps-yes that will be an issue when the box slips out. I usually place out 2 /3 sacks of plastic -the boxes are too small so i be placing them in the card board box-no choice

No one discussed the matter with The People via Forums or sampled them in areas to test their practicability therefore they can be a big white elephant-but lets give it a go WE HAVE NO BLOODY CHOICE ANYWAY
Go to Top of Page

nineteenten
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
264 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2015 :  14:12:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We do have a choice,don't let big brother grind you down.
Go to Top of Page

rule34
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
185 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2015 :  02:10:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trol****s sounds like a swear word lol!

Anyway, once filled with food containers you will have not a bee-hive but a slug-hive where slugs can live and shelter.
Go to Top of Page

tony
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
303 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2015 :  11:06:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's quite a lot of people who have started using them already. I don't think the council will empty them though.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1966 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2015 :  23:43:32 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm waiting to see if the refuse collectors are going to stack the containers back on the trolly cart after dismantling Them to be emptied. What's the betting they will be left strewn all over the streets.
Go to Top of Page

marjon

46 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2015 :  00:55:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who thought of these troll blocs the residents of Blaenau Gwent should have been asked for their views on any change in the way we recycle this is the forth time it has been changed and we are all paying for these changes one way or another our councillors should remember it is not their money they throw away and we should remember this next time we vote
Go to Top of Page

Flash
Advanced Member

234 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2015 :  11:14:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just had ours delivered and have now been told they will be collected from the front, not the rear of the house. Apparently the new lorries cannot come down the rear lane.
I just cannot foresee people in our area leaving these bins out the form of their houses.
I know I certainly won't.
Really good planning again by B.Gwent. You really need to talk to people, the bags in our area have worked really well. I honestly feel you will not meet your targets. If anything they will go down.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.9 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.