New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ddraig

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2019 :  10:52:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They know now not to leave litter with any names and addresses on, a relative of mine when coming across fly-tipping has taken photos of mail with addresses on and passed this onto the council, whether or not they have prosecuted is not known, it's a crying shame that people will travel miles to dump their rubbish in beautiful countryside rather than take it to the dump which would probably be quicker
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13738 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2019 :  10:20:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks again to Himalayan Scout for these images.

Minalayan Scout added:
"On my walkabout Monday morning all the fly-tipped piles of rubbish posted on the forum some weeks ago are still as they were, but with two new additions.
However, there was some consolation in as much that along the pathway adjacent to St James's reservoir another barrier has been put in place, which makes it virtually impossible to fly-tip from the Tredegar end.
No doubt there will be more rubbished dumped along that route before any of it is removed."

Note From Pierre
We hear news from Blaenau-Gwent Council that it is improving the recycling rates in Blaenau-Gwent (all good stuff...), unfortunately they do not shout so loud about the increase in fly tipping as seen in these posts. Please see link here.

Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2019 :  10:58:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A neighbour had their bin and side waste tagged with red tape and is now getting "educated" about recycling, it's getting like being back at school, what with green amber and red letters, I'm just waiting for them to delve into my black bags, three week old cat litter is not nice
Go to Top of Page

Himalayan Scout
Advanced Member

269 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2019 :  19:37:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/fly-tippers-set-up-waste-16120558?utm_source=sharebar&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sharebar

Some councils persue & prosecute perpetrators for Fly-Tipping.
(click twice on video)
Go to Top of Page

billbaily
Advanced Member

754 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2019 :  08:59:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I can't express my disgust enough at the photo's of the fly tipping here, I cannot help wondering if this is being made worse by the fact that we have council workers around with clip boards at 5am onwards checking the amount of rubbish residents have in their bins and then issuing fines of £100 because they say you have too much in your bins - bearing in mind we have 3 weekly collections. Maybe this is making people turn to dodgy waste collection people. Each household is different, you may have two people in one house ranging to a family with pets in another. It just does not make sense to me, people are going to have different amounts. I have never, ever seen so much rubbish strewn at the sides of the roads, bypasses, heads of the valley road. After the recycling lorry has passed through it is an awful mess after rubbish falls to floor and is left to fly around. I whole heartedly support recycling as this world cannot carry on the way it is but I think someone in the council should assess what is drastically going wrong for us to have our towns in such a mess. Why not Lessen the time between refuse pick ups maybe and have litter pickers following the refuse lorry. We are fortunate to live in a place with fantastic scenery, no high rise tower blocks & buildings it is just a shame it is blighted by litter..
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2019 :  10:40:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed Bb ,When will Councils learn that they will achieve nothing without the good will of the people they are elected to represent.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2019 :  10:53:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think they've fined anyone yet, at least I haven't heard of any. from what I can gather they are just finding a way that people with side waste can recycle more to lessen their rubbish, IE food recycling, I can't believe the number of houses that have no food waste whatsoever. I still think that people who take their rubbish miles to dump it in a beauty spot need psyche evaluation
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

380 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2019 :  09:53:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I noticed when we were passing in the car that there were 3or 4 black bags with red tape on ,our black bin day was Thurday so I guess the bin men wouldn’t take them only problem I can see is as we Iive in an open plan area ,is that going to be left there to get spread around the street .
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13738 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2019 :  11:12:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many more thanks goes to "Himalayan Scout" for images and another update on the dumping issue.of the issues.Himalayan Scout added,

"I was greatly encouraged on my walk about last week when I came across what was once a Fly-Tipped rubbish dump, which had consisted of a green toilet seat and various other household waste,completely cleared of rubbish, and a barrier put in place to hopefully prevent further fly-tipping.
However, as i continued on my circular walk there was evidence of fresh fly-tipping and old rubbished dumps still not removed."

Go to Top of Page

Himalayan Scout
Advanced Member

269 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2019 :  11:54:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I noticed in the Gwent Gazette today that the problem of fly-tipping has been reported with pictures, showing the area around the Y Domen fawr where some fly-tipping has occurred.
Of course forum members were made aware of this problem almost six months ago.
As this problem has now been reported in the local rag,I hope the local authorities will make extra efforts to try and stop this carnage being dumped on our mountainside.

Edited by - Himalayan Scout on 26/09/2019 11:56:51
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13738 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2019 :  13:54:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks to "Himalayan Scout" for more photos and info on the situation behind the St James Pond area.

Himalayan Scout added, "On resuming my walkabout I was again encouraged to see the area just above St James' reservoir cleared of black bag rubbish (see photo 6-4-19)
However,on continuing my walk I came across what appeared to have been old fly-tipped areas which had been removed,only to be covered by recently fly-tipped rubbish.What an eyesore!! Even the "Kitchen Sink" had been dumped along with a placard informing fly-tippers that such actions would incur a £50,00 fine and or Imprisonment.But nothing seems to deter these reprobates of such lazy and filthy actions.
Where indeed are the people in authority to stop those rubbishing our valley."

Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1724 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2019 :  16:39:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a mess these low life are making of our beautiful countryside. It must be cheaper to make provision for small business vans to use the amenities skips, rather than the enormous cost of examining, and cleaning up the filth from around the areas concerned. I appreciate it won't stop some of determined scumbags, but, it has to be a step in the right direction. As the old saying goes, you can't educate pork, but, it can be cured.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1724 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2019 :  21:46:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hasten to add, I was of course referring to the fly tippers
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2019 :  11:03:03 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A lot of this fly-tipping seems to be unscrupulous (cowboy) builders waste, they should be shot on sight (just kidding) and why anyone would travel miles to dump their household rubbish is beyond me when you can use the council dump, sorry, I mean New Vale Household Waste Recycling Centre, I just wonder if the cost of clearing up fly-tipping would be offset by the council lowering or even getting rid of charges, but then that's only for bulky items so the b*##"* would still fly-tip it anyway
Just a thought, if you want to get rid of a fridge, how? I know that when you buy a new one the retailers will usually take back the old one (at a cost sometimes) but if not, the council won't pick them up, is there a firm that does this?
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13738 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2020 :  18:12:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many Thanks again to Himalayan Scout for sending in the following info and pictures.

"On my walkabout yesterday, I was delighted to see the area around the Dummon Fawr cleared of rubbish. it must have taken a huge amount of time and effort to accomplish this mammoth task, and all credit and thanks to those people responsible for the cleanup.
Regards Himalayan Scout"

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.