Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Exbrompton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
251 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2015 :  19:33:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the school photo
Our mother is 2nd row 4th from left
Our father 3rd row 7th from left
Uncle 1st row 5th from left
Aunt back row 4th from right.
Go to Top of Page

ike
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2015 :  20:08:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi exbrompton,
Margaret Sheen (Mrs Mills now) is she your sister? Last I heard of her was living in Croespenmaen Oakdale--

I remember her working at N.C.B Area Laboratory Tredegar.

Go to Top of Page

Exbrompton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
251 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2015 :  09:51:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes she is .still living in Croespenmaen
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

55 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2015 :  10:26:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ike

Irene (Herbert Jones' daughter) and Billy Albert were my parents. They lived 1 Alex tce. I think you mean Dennis Jones, he was Herberts son. Edith was the other daughter, married Harold Briggs, and Lorna the other daughter lived in Four Rows and married Bomber Wilkins. I will be in Tredegar Library on the last Friday of this month if you want to call in. I help out on the research desk for family history, if you want to trace your ancesters. Brenda
Go to Top of Page

ike
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2015 :  16:32:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brenda,

I do recall a pretty young girl living at no 1. Being in my teens one tends to look at the older girls. I remember your father very much, because as a little lad of 5-6 I used to go into No 2 and watch him bathing in the tin bath after a day's shift at Ty-Trist; he'd splash the water over me! Great chap. My sister Mair was bridemaid at your mother and fathers wedding.

I shall keep the Friday date in mind, Ike

Go to Top of Page

Fairy

7 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2021 :  14:19:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi just check out school photo only to find my grandmother Phyllis King back row 3rd left her older sister is 7th think its Gertrude, 3rd row left 4th boy is William dark haired. Second row next to teacher Little girl in black is their little sister Marion probably two more sisters in picture but can't recognise them
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13891 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2021 :  19:14:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a great find :-)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.