What's The Point.Parking Georgetown School
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

kay16

2094 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  18:56:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah so that explains why there were more idiots than normal down on Rawlinson, Poplar Road & Woodfield yesterday. It was murder with cars parked up behind the minibus, 1 car way over the junction on Woodfield/Poplar Road,corner of Rawlinson & cars all parked up all the way down Woodfield on the right hand side,half on road half on pavement leaving very little room for cars to travel down in to Woodfield. Also cars we double parked in the lane behind Rawlinson too closing that off completely. Looks like all the idiots from up the top gate just moved for the day down to bottom gate.
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1214 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  19:31:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The motorists are breaking the law and it is the duty of the Police to enforce that law.Otherwise there is little point in employing them.If they refuse to take action the chief police officer should be reported to the Police Commissioner.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1488 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  22:44:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Realistically the school should never have been rebuilt on that site. I think at the time the school was rebuilt, there was plenty alternative sites. There seemed to be plenty of space on land adjacent to the comprehensive school. Who in there right mind would build a 300 plus pupil school with a 1 in 4 degree incline, or a steep zig zag bend as Access to it. Local residents have my sympathy, but as things are, I see no alternative.
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1841 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  23:18:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Before the new school was built a census had been taken for how many children would be applying to attend the school, the result was that the new school was not big enough to accommodate the new pupils. There did not seem to be much thought given to the planning.
Perhaps the school should have been built elsewhere, if this had been the case could it have continued to be called Georgetown school.
Go to Top of Page

Welshjude

20 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2019 :  07:57:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to live in Ashville and it was murder trying to get in or out of the road by car at school opening and closing times. If I happened to come home around 2.45 onwards, there’d be nowhere to park outside my house. Used to infuriate me.
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2094 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2019 :  14:10:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's still like that now Welshjude,if you're not home & parked up by 2.30pm you got no chance. If we go anywhere we have to be home by then or don't come home till 3.30pm, also no chance infront of my house because some parent/grandparent is camped outside from 1.30pm with their sandwiches, flask of coffee,magazines & phones/tablets
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13598 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2019 :  18:05:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The police were outside the Comp today because the school complained about the cars. Can Georgetown do the same?

Go to Top of Page

kay16

2094 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2019 :  19:35:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Other half came home from work & said that people he worked with living in Torfaen & Caerphilly have said that there has been bedlum outside schools they take their kids to as both councils have now taken over issuing all parking tickets & they have been out in force issuing tickets to everyone parked illegally outside/near schools. BGCBC take over on June 1st,i think,so hopefully they will do exactly the same. If they don't I'll be the first one on the phone to both our local councillors and the council to find out why not, especially as they are very aware of the problem.

Edited by - kay16 on 11/04/2019 19:37:44
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1209 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2019 :  15:39:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just saw this on BGCBC Facebook page
quote:
From Monday, 1st July the Council will be responsible for Civil Parking Enforcement in Blaenau Gwent. New enforcement officers will initially focus on problem areas including town centres and schools and be issuing fines to those parked illegally
Go to Top of Page

billbaily
Advanced Member

186 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2019 :  10:20:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About time! Thanks for update
Go to Top of Page

billbaily
Advanced Member

186 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2019 :  20:24:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe the new traffic warden could not only look out for illegal parking but for grandparents who think it's ok to bring their grandchild to school sitting in the front of a small van on the grandmothers lap. How irresponsible is this especially when the children have spent the last few months making everyone aware of the importance of road safety. I must say, you do see some unbelievable sights on the school run.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13598 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2019 :  10:03:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ddraig

Just saw this on BGCBC Facebook page
quote:
From Monday, 1st July the Council will be responsible for Civil Parking Enforcement in Blaenau Gwent. New enforcement officers will initially focus on problem areas including town centres and schools and be issuing fines to those parked illegally

Will be interesting to see how quick the illegal parking is cleared up in the circle as well......

Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1841 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2019 :  15:33:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And also the pavements.
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2094 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2019 :  20:15:32 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well a quick look on here and they will know where to start. That being ALL schools,town especially by Barclays bank and in Park Place outside KidzRus. That should keep them busy for a week or two.
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2094 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2019 :  20:37:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the bl**dy point. Was waiting for a lift today at 3.30 and the kids from the school taking part in the police cadets the school's running were out on Rawlinson/Poplar Road, all in their high viz/police jackets being looked after by either 2 teaching assistants (1 man,1 woman) or 1 teacher (woman)& i know the gentleman is a teaching assistant,looking after them. All looks fine untill the woman stops another woman in a white car, with a child in the front passenger seat, in the bus stop on the double yellow lines and zig-zags and continues to have a chat with her for a good 5 minutes, while the gentleman just stands there & said nothing. All this takes place INFRONT of the children. Now maybe its just me but what the hell is the point of all the kids policing the parking & safety when 2 of the trusted adults can't even do the simplest of jobs correctly? Even activity encouraging the very thing the kids are monitoring & trying to stop? Surely these 2 peole should not be involved with this important project if they can't abide by the simplest of rules? There are no excuses for this. I was totally gobsmacked with what i was seeing & will be ringing the school on monday.
Go to Top of Page

billbaily
Advanced Member

186 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2019 :  21:12:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh dear, someone has some explaining to do!
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1209 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2019 :  12:12:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BGCBC web site has this info,
https://www.blaenau-gwent.gov.uk/fileadmin/documents/Resident/Road_Safety/BGCBC_Civil_Parking_Enforcement_Webpage_Info_and_FAQs.pdf

quote:
Will we see new wardens patrolling the streets? Yes –new Civil Enforcement Officers, on behalf of the Council, will undertake enforcement duties across the Blaenau Gwent County Borough. Initially, we will be deploying 2 officers as we roll out the scheme across the area, but this could change in the future.

Two for all of Blaenau Gwent???
Go to Top of Page

billbaily
Advanced Member

186 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2019 :  20:06:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scary walk home today along Oakfield Road, pouring with rain umbrella up trying to keep all the kids dry. We had to stop in our tracks 3 times along the pavement as cars which had parked up in tight spaces in front of the houses had to mount the pavement with their front wheels and then the back wheels to pull out into the road. These tyres are practically the same size as infant children. I couldn't believe what they were doing. This was three separate vehicles. Also when we were going to school in the morning vehicles were cutting the corner at the top of the hill leading into Oakfield Road and were mounting the pavement in front of us. Couldn't the council put a bollard/barrier here to prevent pedestrians getting hurt. Heard a man driving across Oakfield Road stating "this is the worst street in Tredegar" - we all have to agree with him, I think!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.29 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.