New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

ShelleyW
Advanced Member

598 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2020 :  10:23:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are right Bill Bailey
Go to Top of Page

billbaily
Advanced Member

714 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2020 :  12:34:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update Shelley - it was the two brothers that clinched it. Come on Butch we need a new one!
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1703 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2020 :  16:54:55 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok try this one.
R E S E S R D I R A H M A O R D A R L C U. Clue, this should be a snip to solve.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1703 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2020 :  16:59:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, should have stated (past)
Go to Top of Page

billbaily
Advanced Member

714 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2020 :  19:26:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah Ah Luca The Parrucchiere

Luca Di Roma Hairdresser

Am I correct Butch?
Go to Top of Page

billbaily
Advanced Member

714 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2020 :  19:39:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While we are waiting for Butch to say if the last one is correct or not, have a go at this one

It's a past trading shop
Very popular
Easily full in no time at all

P O S T C R A M S H U Y K

Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1703 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2020 :  20:15:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are correct Bilbaily, I think I gave to good a clue.
Go to Top of Page

ShelleyW
Advanced Member

598 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2020 :  12:02:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill Bailey is it ..Maryís tuck shop
Go to Top of Page

billbaily
Advanced Member

714 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2020 :  12:54:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Correct, you've earned yourself a fictitious bag of pick a mix
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1703 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2020 :  14:30:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shelly, you deserve more than a bag of pick&mix for getting that one right. It was Rose's tuck shop for many years. I was up all night trying to work that one out.
Go to Top of Page

billbaily
Advanced Member

714 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2020 :  15:28:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooooops beg your pardon all! Where did I get Mary's from then. Oh well Shelley treat yourself to 2 fictitious bags of pick a mix. Butch sorry for keeping you up all night! LOL
Go to Top of Page

billbaily
Advanced Member

714 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2020 :  15:30:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hang on a minute perhaps her name was Rosemary! If it was I was 50% correct....
Go to Top of Page

billbaily
Advanced Member

714 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2020 :  15:36:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyway - on with the show. Shelley you were correct so it's your turn try and do an easy one for Butch if you can.
Go to Top of Page

ShelleyW
Advanced Member

598 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2020 :  18:42:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it was Mary before Rose
Go to Top of Page

ShelleyW
Advanced Member

598 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2020 :  18:48:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Come on Butch you should get this one...s I e t e k o j r t h e a m....Ribbons.
Go to Top of Page

billbaily
Advanced Member

714 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2020 :  22:59:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Butch doesn't show up before 6th April with the answer, the rest of us are biting at the bit and it will be a free for all to answer! May the best man/woman win!
Go to Top of Page

nutandboltdarlo

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  00:51:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A sheer guess and Iíve never heard of this shop, but the letters fit. Josie the market?
Go to Top of Page

billbaily
Advanced Member

714 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  09:10:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Well I've just turned the computer on to type my answer and I've been pipped to the post by Nuts&Bolts!! It is the same answer as mine so while we waiting for Shelley to confirm, go ahead and place another one for forum members if you like.
Go to Top of Page

nutandboltdarlo

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  10:29:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I certainly remember Jimmy the Market. One year he organised a Christmas party for children. A film show at The Olympia (The 3 Stooges) then buses provided to take us to the Drill Hall near Sirhowy Bridge for the party and a gift from Santa. I donít know if this was a one-off or a regular event, or whether my parents had to pay or he did it for the community.

Anyway, hereís my suggestion. Hope my memory is ok on this. T I C K A S W E N C - a powerful store.
Go to Top of Page

ShelleyW
Advanced Member

598 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  11:00:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes itís Josie the market she had a tall there for years starting in the old market she was my auntie it was a haberdashery stall.
Go to Top of Page

nutandboltdarlo

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  11:38:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry - should only be one ĎCí. T I K A S W E N C.
Go to Top of Page

billbaily
Advanced Member

714 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  12:00:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember Jimmy he used to go to Brynmawr market with his van on a Saturday. There would be large crowds around the back of the van waiting to see what he held up to sell. It was quite entertaining he certainly put on a show. If you wanted something you put your hand up and he threw it to you and the cashiers came to you in the crowd to take the money and give you change.
Go to Top of Page

nutandboltdarlo

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  13:38:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tredegarís own Del Boy!
Go to Top of Page

ShelleyW
Advanced Member

598 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  20:31:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can we have another clue on powerful store please.
Go to Top of Page

nutandboltdarlo

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  20:50:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The rear of the store was popular with teenagers. And was there a dentistís surgery above?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.81 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.