Serving The Town of Tredegar with News & Information Since 1991  

Tredegar Forum
Tredegar Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 

 All Forums
 Tredegar
 General Discussion - Tredegar
 COVID 19
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Cloud-Collector
Advanced Member

195 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2020 :  18:24:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
WARNING SOME PEOPLE WILL FIND THIS UPSETTING -
Dr D. Hepburn - RGH Newport

https://www.channel4.com/news/all-our-icu-patients-are-in-their-50s-or-younger-frontline-welsh-doctor-who-recovered-from-virus





Go to Top of Page

das_flumpaz
Full Member

25 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2020 :  06:00:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by SeaWolf86

No matter what you say there will be always someone offended. And if mathematics offend people I can't help it... More people around the world die from flu related sicknesses every year than from coronavirus. Despite this, flu is not a pandemic. Current data we got about coronavirus doesn't even qualify it to be a pandemic, thus my opinion about this made up pandemic. Just out of curiosity check the past pandemic announced by WHO. Check the death rates. And then check current coronavirus death rate. Less than deaths caused by slipping on a banana skin. Although I sound cynical I feel sorry for people who suffer from this sickness. But greater number will be killed by coming economical crisis caused by lockdown of whole countries.



And mentioning miners, who returned to work and ignored the strike is the worse example you could bring ;). Those were actually the people that respected work and their work place. That is what a real capitalist will do. You agree with the work conditions - you work. You do not agree - you resign. Strikes are for supporters of bad ideologies and have always bad outcome. For the economy, businesses, customers and workers themselves.



FFS! Are you a mathematician? Are you a statistician? Are you an epidemiologist? Give us one reason why we should listen to you rather than people who actually have qualifications in relevant fields.

Tell us exactly how you know more than the experts.

Give us one, cast-iron reason why we should listen to you.

The entire weight of the medical and scientific world is against you. You have to say something of substance to contradict that evidence.

Go on, give us one incontrovertible fact that proves you're right. Anything, one single fact that proves your point that is backed up by any kind of scientific rigor.

One single thing that would make the rest of us with a functioning brain think "Hmmm, they've got a point" rather than what we are all thinking which is "OMFG, these arseholes are going to kill people."

Facts:

1. You are wrong about everything

2. The government is completely awful in everything they are doing.
Laurel and Hardy would make a better job of this than Johnson and Hancock.

3. The medical people know what they are doing, and are seeing the effects of coronavirus daily and are begging people to stay home.

4. Anti-authoritarianism is an ideology that opposes illegitimate authority. The kind that is based on things such as heredity, usury, penury etc. Opposing legitimate authority such as scientists, doctors etc. isn't being a liberated free-thinker, it's being an ego-centric moron. A walking example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. Genuine anti-authoritarians will always defer to legitimate authorities.

5. Jesus ****ing Christ mun! You have a chance to save humanity by doing nothing more than sitting on your sofa watching telly. It's the dream! When our parents told us that we would never accomplish by just sitting on the sofa watching telly...they were wrong! We can all be the greatest British heroes since the Spitfire pilots just by doing nothing other than sitting on our arses watching the telly.

6. FFS You pair, look at it this way. If you're right then everything carries on as normal. But if you're wrong then 100,000's of people will die unnecessarily. Is it really worth that gamble just to go up to the shop?

Edited by - das_flumpaz on 05/04/2020 06:15:13
Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

190 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2020 :  08:26:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
I do not have to prove you anything. I just write my point of view. You can agree, or disagree. The government and media lied too many times, that I will just blindly believe everything they say. If you want to stay at home in the sofa, do so. I'm going to live my life. Continue to work and move around if I wish to do so. The bills are not going to pay themselves. As much, as I feel sorry for the families impacted directly by this sickness, I have to look at my family and their well being. Cause after coronavirus crisis will come economical crisis. And that's what I'm focusing at. How to protect my family from this crisis, which worries me way more than the virus itself. And it doesn't matter if I'm right, or wrong. Nothing will go back to normal anymore. We will face a great recession, if not economical depression, where hundreds of thousands will suffer. You probably a big boy, so you know that there is nothing for free in this world. All that money, that people will be paid for staying at home. All that financial support for self-employed. All that additional funds for health care. Someone will have to pay that back, you know. And guess who it will be?
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

710 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2020 :  08:54:03 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
https://www.bitchute.com/video/vTUSN2XcaQTy/
Go to Top of Page

ddraig
Super Member

United Kingdom
1466 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2020 :  10:45:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
Sorry, biggest load of c**p I've seen since someone sent me a David Icke video clip on how 5G is causing this virus
Go to Top of Page

Cloud-Collector
Advanced Member

195 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2020 :  10:56:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
When you canít go out and about, it doesnít mean you canít imagine yourself out and about.
Hereís some things to start with. Making plans for when this is over Ė things to do, places to go and people to meet, will help everyone deal with their circumstances now.


https://www.welshwildlife.org/


http://www.littlegreenspace.org.uk/


https://www.bumblebeeconservation.org/

https://seedball.co.uk/





Go to Top of Page

Snowy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
480 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2020 :  15:54:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by das_flumpaz

quote:
Originally posted by SeaWolf86

No matter what you say there will be always someone offended. And if mathematics offend people I can't help it... More people around the world die from flu related sicknesses every year than from coronavirus. Despite this, flu is not a pandemic. Current data we got about coronavirus doesn't even qualify it to be a pandemic, thus my opinion about this made up pandemic. Just out of curiosity check the past pandemic announced by WHO. Check the death rates. And then check current coronavirus death rate. Less than deaths caused by slipping on a banana skin. Although I sound cynical I feel sorry for people who suffer from this sickness. But greater number will be killed by coming economical crisis caused by lockdown of whole countries.



And mentioning miners, who returned to work and ignored the strike is the worse example you could bring ;). Those were actually the people that respected work and their work place. That is what a real capitalist will do. You agree with the work conditions - you work. You do not agree - you resign. Strikes are for supporters of bad ideologies and have always bad outcome. For the economy, businesses, customers and workers themselves.



FFS! Are you a mathematician? Are you a statistician? Are you an epidemiologist? Give us one reason why we should listen to you rather than people who actually have qualifications in relevant fields.

Tell us exactly how you know more than the experts.

Give us one, cast-iron reason why we should listen to you.

The entire weight of the medical and scientific world is against you. You have to say something of substance to contradict that evidence.

Go on, give us one incontrovertible fact that proves you're right. Anything, one single fact that proves your point that is backed up by any kind of scientific rigor.

One single thing that would make the rest of us with a functioning brain think "Hmmm, they've got a point" rather than what we are all thinking which is "OMFG, these arseholes are going to kill people."

Facts:

1. You are wrong about everything

2. The government is completely awful in everything they are doing.
Laurel and Hardy would make a better job of this than Johnson and Hancock.

3. The medical people know what they are doing, and are seeing the effects of coronavirus daily and are begging people to stay home.

4. Anti-authoritarianism is an ideology that opposes illegitimate authority. The kind that is based on things such as heredity, usury, penury etc. Opposing legitimate authority such as scientists, doctors etc. isn't being a liberated free-thinker, it's being an ego-centric moron. A walking example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. Genuine anti-authoritarians will always defer to legitimate authorities.

5. Jesus ****ing Christ mun! You have a chance to save humanity by doing nothing more than sitting on your sofa watching telly. It's the dream! When our parents told us that we would never accomplish by just sitting on the sofa watching telly...they were wrong! We can all be the greatest British heroes since the Spitfire pilots just by doing nothing other than sitting on our arses watching the telly.

6. FFS You pair, look at it this way. If you're right then everything carries on as normal. But if you're wrong then 100,000's of people will die unnecessarily. Is it really worth that gamble just to go up to the shop?

Despite agreeing with a lot you say, I find it offensive that you blaspheme & use vile language in the same sentence.
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

370 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2020 :  17:05:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
I think a lot of people on this forum SeaWolf86 strongly disagree with you and your views they seem to add up to Iím alright mate I have no respect for the people that l live around .Lets hope this attitude doesnít come back to bite you ..A very good friend of mine buried a much loved member of their family and couldnít even attend their funeral.
Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

190 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2020 :  17:13:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
You picturing me, as a really bad person, that I'm for sure NOT. I repeated many times. I feel sorry for them. No tragedy in somebody's life is a fun story. But I'm not buying the slogan "stay at home and save lives". If I stay at home I ruin my family's life. My job is not a "key" job, but I don't care as long my company running and money coming.
Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

190 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2020 :  17:36:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
You disagree with me, but maybe some of you will agree with your beloved The Guardian.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/01/singing-stops-italy-fear-social-unrest-mount-coronavirus-lockdown
Go to Top of Page

IAmNotANumber
Full Member

142 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2020 :  19:24:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by djholly

https://www.bitchute.com/video/vTUSN2XcaQTy/



Yes, this video is correct and that Nigerian Prince you sent money to will pay you your share of it, I'm sure. GET A GRIP!
Go to Top of Page

IAmNotANumber
Full Member

142 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2020 :  19:25:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by SeaWolf86

You picturing me, as a really bad person, that I'm for sure NOT. I repeated many times. I feel sorry for them. No tragedy in somebody's life is a fun story. But I'm not buying the slogan "stay at home and save lives". If I stay at home I ruin my family's life. My job is not a "key" job, but I don't care as long my company running and money coming.



What would ruin their life more? Not going out on a jolly? OR BEING PUT IN A BOX AND LOWERED INTO THE GROUND??
Go to Top of Page

IAmNotANumber
Full Member

142 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2020 :  19:30:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by SeaWolf86

You disagree with me, but maybe some of you will agree with your beloved The Guardian.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/01/singing-stops-italy-fear-social-unrest-mount-coronavirus-lockdown



People like you are more likely to read the Guardian, the rest of us get our information from reliable, independent sources and analyse the information, arriving at our own conclusions. Why don't you try looking at historical data regarding epidemics and how they were handled? By the way, COVID-19 is nothing like the Flu. Because you probably believe that one too.
Go to Top of Page

IAmNotANumber
Full Member

142 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2020 :  19:40:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by SeaWolf86

You picturing me, as a really bad person...



You don't want to know what I'm picturing you as but I'll give you a clue - #selfish*****s is trending on Twitter and there is talk of further restrictions being introduced because of such people. If that happens, you won't be able to go jollying it up without permission and since, by your own admission, you are not a keyworker - if caught, you will face a fine and possibly prosecution.
Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

190 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2020 :  19:40:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
I break it in to numbers, as I'm a number fan :D.
Over 66 mln people live in UK.
Less than 5k died from corona virus.
So far the chances one of us die from drowning is 0.001%, from car crash is 0.003%, and from coronavirus 0.007% . The chances we, as a family unit face financial struggle in a very short future is mostly certain. So forgive me, if I focus on the most serious problem. You stay safe at home.

Edited by - SeaWolf86 on 05/04/2020 19:42:25
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

710 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2020 :  21:48:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
sadly, there's a difference of dying because of covid-19 and dying because you have a virus strain in your body after you die (which the government is doing to boost figures) i only put the video of liabiltymate on bitchute on here as i was hoping to encourage research into different websites/points of view. sadly it's wasted. keep washing your hands and stock up on toilet paper.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig
Super Member

United Kingdom
1466 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  02:40:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
This guy (in the YouTube video, no idea who he is, he doesn't say) is saying some things that are actually true, but things you could look up for yourself on reliable sites, IE that a virus isn't alive, first he "bigs" himself up, he was brilliant even as a young child etc, etc, then he starts spouting gobbledygook about how you can't catch a virus, rambles on about it being a solvent and then attributes it all to people putting rubbish in their bodies.
Then we get to it, he starts attacking the use of vaccines, he's an anti-vaxxer! One of these people who don't believe in vaccinating anyone because it's all a government conspiracy. djholly, I will keep washing my hands, I never bought loads of anything just because of covid-19, I don't believe in conspiracy theories unless proven beyond doubt, when they then cease to become a conspiracy.I believe people who don't vaccinate (unless for medical reasons) are irresponsible idiots who would be better off reading Winnie the Pooh as they seem to be unable to make sound judgements of their own.

Edited by - ddraig on 06/04/2020 02:42:06
Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

190 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  08:20:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
Well, vaccines causing sometimes serious health complications and this is actually scientifically proven. You got aluminium in every single vaccine and aluminium causing cancer and allergies, and this is only two on long list of side effects. Same regarding flu jab. It often it increases the chances of having flu. In cases of vulnerable and elderly proven to be in that case deadly. In my homeland we got a saying.

"You want to give your grandparents eternal life for birthday? Give them flu jab."

I'm not antivaccination. It saves population from serious epidemics. But don't treat it, as harmless, miraculous, medicine, as every single medication have in one way or another a bad impact on your body. Scientifically proven. Far from conspiracy theories.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig
Super Member

United Kingdom
1466 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  10:30:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
quote:
What about serious side effects?

Serious side effects from vaccines are extremely rare. For example, if 1 million doses of a vaccine are given, 1 to 2 people may have a severe allergic reaction.

Keep in mind that getting vaccinated is much safer than getting the diseases vaccines prevent. Learn more about vaccine safety.


quote:
Aluminum adjuvants are used in vaccines such as hepatitis A, hepatitis B, diphtheria-tetanus-containing vaccines, Haemophilus influenzae type b, and pneumococcal vaccines, but they are not used in the live, viral vaccines, such as measles, mumps, rubella, varicella and rotavirus.


We ingest more aluminium per day than is in a vaccine and it doesn't accumilate in our bodies (unless you have kidney disease) and is eliminated through the kidneys.

quote:
Getting a flu shot does not weaken your immune system and make you more likely to get the flu. ... A flu vaccine teaches your immune system to recognize that virus as a threat. While some people may still get the flu after having a flu shot, they'll probably have a milder form of the illness.

You contradict yourself seawolf86, on one hand you're against vaccinations because they're very bad for you and the next you're not because it saves the population from serious epidemics, do you therefore get your children and yourself vaccinated I wonder?



I do wonder sometimes if you're a plant and just on the forum to wind us all up

Edited by - ddraig on 06/04/2020 10:31:15
Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

190 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  11:38:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
I was vaccinated only once in my life against tetanus in age 7. I got through chickenpox, mumps disease, rubella, numerous flu and today at age 38 I'm a super healthy specimen (touch wood). My little boy for example got all the vaccines required and he also has asthma, allergy to everything that walks, crawls and grows on trees. He got developmental issues. He got very poor immune system. Did vaccines caused it? I don't know, but it makes you think.
Go to Top of Page

mrdojob
Full Member

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  17:13:32 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
Lets keep things in perspective with this virus. New cases and deaths are starting to slow. The death toll hasn't been that high largely because of social distancing and the worst case scenario was about 250 thousand would have died in the UK if we done nothing. This is hardly the "millions" quoted earlier and "humanity" is not at any stretch of the imagination in peril of being snuffed out. As viruses go, it's quite the weakling but it certainly spreads quickly.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig
Super Member

United Kingdom
1466 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  18:50:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-wales-52175264
If you scroll down it gives the numbers by top 10 covid-19 local authorities.
Go to Top of Page

rhyd boy
Advanced Member

New Zealand
166 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  19:58:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
The last sentence is correct Seawolf is on here to garner attention and be a pain in the a..e.
quote:
Originally posted by ddraig

quote:
What about serious side effects?

Serious side effects from vaccines are extremely rare. For example, if 1 million doses of a vaccine are given, 1 to 2 people may have a severe allergic reaction.

Keep in mind that getting vaccinated is much safer than getting the diseases vaccines prevent. Learn more about vaccine safety.


quote:
Aluminum adjuvants are used in vaccines such as hepatitis A, hepatitis B, diphtheria-tetanus-containing vaccines, Haemophilus influenzae type b, and pneumococcal vaccines, but they are not used in the live, viral vaccines, such as measles, mumps, rubella, varicella and rotavirus.


We ingest more aluminium per day than is in a vaccine and it doesn't accumilate in our bodies (unless you have kidney disease) and is eliminated through the kidneys.

quote:
Getting a flu shot does not weaken your immune system and make you more likely to get the flu. ... A flu vaccine teaches your immune system to recognize that virus as a threat. While some people may still get the flu after having a flu shot, they'll probably have a milder form of the illness.

You contradict yourself seawolf86, on one hand you're against vaccinations because they're very bad for you and the next you're not because it saves the population from serious epidemics, do you therefore get your children and yourself vaccinated I wonder?



I do wonder sometimes if you're a plant and just on the forum to wind us all up

Go to Top of Page

garyw
Full Member

75 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2020 :  21:50:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
There is a valid debate to be had regarding the respective harms the lockdown / economic damage will bring about.I donít envy anyone having to decide as to the exact best path to take.Arguing from anecdote/mistrust of those experts who disagree with you/various conspiracy theories and an apparent unwillingness to engage with any current expert assessments of the dangers posed by covid 19 is surely the height of irresponsibility? Perhaps a little humility is called for rather than repeated assertions of very dubious opinions.
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

710 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2020 :  22:26:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile
sadly any arguments are not given much though. any "experts" given time on tv have been approved of from the government and therefore agree with the narrative laid out and portrayed through the written, radio and tv media 24hrs a day. usa has one of the countries that has most cases recorded of "the sniffles/covid-19" per day/week. but, look into dr. scott jensen a state senator in Minnesota who revelead that EVERY hospital in america that records a covid diagnosis gets $11,000 from medicaid handout. and, $40,000 for every covid diagnosed person using a ventilator. so you can see how the hospitals in america will swell figures and mis-diagnose for financial gain.

Edited by - djholly on 10/04/2020 22:28:34
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.


Daily Featured Video

Click for video.


 



Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.