Changes to kerbside re-cycling by Blaenau-Gwent
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Cloud-Collector

149 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2010 :  20:37:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just had a glance at the green and white refuse collection calendar 2010, that was supplied when the fortnightly collections started and it appears that there's only one date 'greened' in for the collection of ordinary rubbish, right through December. That being the 14th December. Surely that can't be the only date, especially when you think of all the Christmas rubbish and maybe even rule in snow etc etc. I know they come a day late after a bank holiday but that's not greened in either. Any ideas anyone?

Go to Top of Page

kay16

2091 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2010 :  23:53:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure mine is 7th Dec and then the 21st. Maybe it depends on where you live and what week you have it collected as if you have a collection on 31st Nov then 2weeks after that would be around the 14th and then around 28th so you would miss xmas week. So in a way you have it good because you get it collected inbetween xmas and New year [when you need it] i don't get one till after new year [god help as the bin is normally full anyway it will be worse over xmas].
Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  18:43:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'v got three in november,the last being the 30th.Then just one in december on the 14th.
No good putting em out on the 31st of november kay

Go to Top of Page

kay16

2091 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  19:08:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry i got the dates mixed up Tarkus,i should have looked on a calander in the first place.My dates are yesterday,then 7th dec,21 dec and then 4th jan but i'm guessing because of the bank holls it will be 5 or 6th jan. I only had 2 collections in Nov.
Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  19:34:03 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm no clever dickie thats what i did

Go to Top of Page

kay16

2091 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  19:54:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tarkus you would have had a very long wait if you'd listened to me 31st Nov what was i thinking haha.As the rhyme goes 30 days has Sep,April,June and Nov---so see a very long wait.
Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2010 :  12:42:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thirty days hath September,
April, June and November;
February has twenty eight alone
All the rest have thirty-one
Except in Leap Year, that's the time
When February's Days are twenty-nine

Go to Top of Page

gjj43
Advanced Member

324 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2010 :  18:27:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rang today for more recycling bags.... Guess what.... They aint got none!!! But they informed me that the LIBRARY got some??
Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2010 :  18:44:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats no good you'l have to take them back after 2 weeks

Go to Top of Page

kay16

2091 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2010 :  21:11:03 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the Library going to deliver them to you? As i thought that was the whole point of this-the council want you to recycle so they bring you the bags not we want you to do this and by the way go get your own bags. No offence if it was me untill they deliver the bags to me all my papers,tins,bottles etc would be going in my black bag [i wouldn't be happy doing that but they give you no choice] No bags-No recycle.
Go to Top of Page

gjj43
Advanced Member

324 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2010 :  04:57:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Kay16 they wont deliver.I work Monday to Saturday and the library is closed when i finish work so yup black bags it is.
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2091 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2010 :  16:37:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gjj43,have you still got that little luggage label thing they gave everyone,the one where if you run low on bags and need more you put your address on it and then tie it on to your recycling bags on collection day and then they deliver them to you, if you still got it try that on next collection,it's worth a shot.
Go to Top of Page

gjj43
Advanced Member

324 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2010 :  18:12:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont believe it! after all the fuss, i came home from work and the bags are on the doorstep, o well, job done
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13576 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  10:22:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stickers Ready

Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  12:08:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See vo been told ve av vays and means of making vo do as ve tell vo.

The

G.O.M.

Go to Top of Page

gatekeeper

330 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  13:05:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i will stick a red sticker on my council tax demand and send it back to them
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13576 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2015 :  10:19:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HOLD EVERYTHING.

Looks like "they" have changed their minds......

Our Councillors are Clueless !

Blaenau Gwent council's U-turn on green waste charges

Source: BBC

Charges for green waste collections have been scrapped in Blaenau Gwent after uptake dipped to just 1%.

The local authority introduced a 25 annual charge two years ago but 400 tonnes of green waste has ended up going to landfill instead.

Now, a free kerbside green waste service has been introduced across the borough in a bid to meet Welsh government recycling targets.

The move will save the Blaenau Gwent council around 21,000 a year.

Green waste includes grass cuttings, hedge cuttings, twigs and small branches.

Of the other 21 Welsh authorities, four charge an annual fee to collect green waste while two charge for green recycling bags. Four authorities have yet to respond.

Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2491 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2015 :  13:42:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't believe it our council showing common sense at last !!
Go to Top of Page

mrbigbeak
Advanced Member

219 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2015 :  21:38:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they had no option if that amount was going to landfill, the eu would have fined us for missing our recycling targets.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13576 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2015 :  19:09:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrbigbeak

they had no option if that amount was going to landfill, the eu would have fined us for missing our recycling targets.

The option they had was to listen to common sense in the first place and not to bring is the extra tax for that service.

They would tax the air if they could, to keep the people in suits employed !

Go to Top of Page

Richard

82 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2015 :  09:28:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had already paid for the collection of garden waste but have been informed that they are in the process of reimbursing those who have paid.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.26 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.